Q: Other than my academic adviser, who else should I contact if I have any questions regarding my e-petition?
You can contact any concerned course instructors and department chairs to explain, and possibly support, your case.
Q: What happens to my e-petition after I submit it?
First, it goes to your adviser and from there to the concerned faculty member (course instructor, department's chair) depending on the petition type. Later, the petition will be forwarded to the relevant committee for consideration.
Q: How can I track the stages and result of my e-petition?
You can track your e-petition online and you will be notified by email when a final decision is taken. You need to follow up on your petition until it reaches the FAS student services office.
Q: What should I do if I have trouble accessing the OPFS database?
For technical issues, you may seek the support of the FAS IT section by sending an email to email@example.com.
Q: What should I do if I want to resume my studies and reactivate my file?
As an inactive FAS student (who has left AUB for one or more semesters), you should select and fill the
reactivation form on the right hand side of the OPFS main page. Make sure to select your proper class level. However, since you cannot track your e-petition, you need to contact the FAS Dean's Office student section
firstname.lastname@example.org to follow-up with your petition.
Q: How do I know which correct form of e-petition to select?
a. Audit Course: Use this request to audit a course. Select the course and section you wish to audit and state the reason for auditing rather than enrolling in the course. Note that there is a fee for auditing.
b. Change of Major within Faculty: Use this request if you want to join a major or change your major within set deadlines. These petitions are to be submitted at the end of a given semester after all your grades come out.
c. Co/Pre-requisites: Use this request to register for a course along with its prerequisite or without its prerequisite.
d. Late Drop/Late Add: Use this request if you have missed the drop and add period for technical or other reasons.
i- Add course
e. Count course instead of another as part of requirements for the major: Use this request if you want to count a course as part of major requirements.
f. Course Equivalence: Use this request if you want to get equivalences for courses you have taken at another university.
g. Extension of Incomplete: Use this request if you have failed to complete the final course work within the first four weeks of the beginning of the next regular semester for which the incomplete was approved.
h. General petition: For all other requests, use the general petition form. Please note that you must clearly state the request and your reasons for the request so that it can be promptly directed to the appropriate committee.
- Exceptions related to GE requirements
- Extension of strict probation status
- Follow old curriculum requirements
- Join major and Graduate in Same Semester
- Postponement of graduation
- Reconsideration of expulsion from faculty
i. Overload/Underload: Use this request if you need to register for an underload or overload of credits (<12 or >17). Please make sure to select the proper category with the corresponding number of credit so that the e-petition can be promptly directed to the appropriate committee.
- Register for underload for graduating senior: if you are requesting to carry an underload during your last semester
- Register for underload for graduating senior while on probation: if you are on academic probation and requesting to carry an underload during your last semester
- Register for underload and request part time status: if you are requesting to carry an underload during a semester
- Register for overload while not on probation: if you are on good academic standing and requesting to carry a load more than 17 credits during a semester
- Register for overload while on probation: if you are probation and requesting to carry a load more than 17 credits during a semester
- Register for overload for graduating senior only 18 credits: if you are on good academic standing and requesting to carry a load of 18 credits during your last semester
- Register for overload for graduating senior > 18 credits: if you are on good academic standing and requesting to carry a load of more than 18 credits during your last semester
- Register for overload in summer: if you are on good academic standing and requesting to carry a load of more than 9 credits during a summer session
- Register for overload in summer while on probation: if you are on probation and requesting to carry a load of more than 9 credits during a summer session
j. Reinstate in a Course: Use this request if you have mistakenly withdrawn from a course.
k. Retake Final Exam: Use this request if you have proper justification to retake your final.
l. Withdrawal from a Course: Use this request if you have missed the deadline for withdrawal or if you need to withdraw from a course that will result in a course underload for medical or other reasons. Note that the course grade will appear as a “W" on your transcript. (for linked sections, you only need to submit a petition for the lecture section)
m. Incomplete Request: Use this form to request for an incomplete grade in a course if you have missed or will be missing its final exam or deadline for submission of the final paper. The request should be submitted before the date of the final exam/ deadline of the final paper, or within two weeks from that date. You will need to attach all supporting documents and justify the reason(s) behind your request.
n. Intention to fill a minor: Use this request if you are planning to complete a minor.
o. Completion of minor: Use this request once you complete all minor requirements. This should be submitted before graduation (within the specified deadline).
Faculty of Arts and Sciences