Most departments in FAS offer minors which require the completion of a number of courses before graduation. Students who opt for a minor must do so while working towards their undergraduate degree. The student must attain an average of 70- or more in courses taken to satisfy the requirements of that minor. Once the course requirements are fulfilled, the student should submit the "Certificate of Fulfillment of the Requirements for that Minor" to the office of the Dean before graduation.
Procedure for Completing a Minor
- Student meets with the Adviser to discuss option and plan for completing a minor
- Student then fills the form, Intention to Fulfill a Minor, and sends it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After finishing all the courses with an average of 70 or higher the student must fulfill the form Certificate of Fulfillment of the Requirements of a Minor. This form is specific for every minor
- The form is then signed by the Adviser and sent to the FAS Student Services Officer in the Deans office
- The form is then approved by the Dean and sent to the Registrar, Adviser and the student's department
Certificate of Fulfillment of Requirements for a Minor