Academics and PhD candidates may apply for affiliation with ARABIC & NEL in order to facilitate their research in Lebanon.
The required documents are as follows:
- Letter or email to the chair of ARABIC & NEL, Professor Bilal Orfali, introducing yourself, requesting the affiliation and mentioning the dates during which you would like to be affiliated with ARABIC & NEL.
- For academics, we require a letter of recommendation from the department chair. For students, we require a letter of recommendation from the advisor.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal
- Scan of the front page of your passport
An affiliation with ARABIC & NEL provides the following:
The following conditions apply:
- ARABIC & NEL offers affiliation for a period of one year only with possible renewal for an additional year under certain conditions.
- Affiliates for terms longer than three months may be asked to give a presentation about their research.
- ARABIC & NEL cannot help affiliates to obtain a residency permit in Lebanon.
- ARABIC & NEL cannot provide any office space to affiliates.
- Affiliation requests may take up to three weeks to process so applicants should take this timeframe into consideration when applying.