Admission requirements for the MS in Biology are:
- Completion of BS in Biology or any other related field
- Undergraduate average in major courses should be equal to or above 80
- Undergraduate cumulative average should be equal to or above 75
- Applicants should take the general part of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). This exam is required by both BS and MS holders. A score on a previously taken GRE will remain valid for a period of five years.
- Must meet the English language proficiency requirement ELPR (97 for internet-based TOEFL, 250 for computer-based TOEFL, 583 for paper based TOEFL, 147 for the verbal part of the General GRE, 7.0 for IELTS, and 530 for EEE).
- Two letters of recommendation should be provided from previous tutors or employers.
- A statement of purpose
For further details about the Biology Masters and PhD programs please check the Online AUB Graduate Catalogue.To apply online please check the Online Graduate Application.
For further information about graduate studies please check the Graduate Council website
MS Program Learning Outcomes (PLO):
Students graduating from Biology with a MS degree should be able to:
- Research Methods: Analyze qualitative and/or quantitative information while conducting research in Biology.
- Advanced Core Knowledge in the Discipline: Analyze core concepts, research and theories in different areas of study in Biology.
- Scholarly Communication Skills: Demonstrate scholarly communication skills in clear, detailed and well-structured scientific written and oral formats consistent with high standards of Biology.
- Professionalism and Ethical Research Conduct: Apply professionalism and ethical research conduct in Biology.