The Center for Arab and Middle Eastern Studies offers students from around the world the opportunity to study abroad at the American University of Beirut, the most respected institution of higher education in the Arab world.
Study Abroad at AUB
- Study Abroad students may take classes in Arabic as a Foreign Language, Middle Eastern Studies, Islamic Studies and a variety of other subjects without pursuing a degree at AUB.
- Study Abroad students may take classes at both the graduate and undergraduate levels during the Fall or Spring semesters.
- The AUB Catalogue provides detailed information and course descriptions about all classes offered at AUB.
- To check which courses are offered in the coming semesters, follow these steps:
- On the upper right hand corner of this page, click on “Useful Tools” and then “AUBsis”.
- Scroll down and open the link “Class Schedule”.
- Under “Search by Term”, select the semester (“Spring 2018-19”) on the drop-down menu and click submit.
- Under “Subject”, scroll down to select the subject of your choice (Arabic, Middle Eastern Studies, Islamic Studies, History, Political Studies, etc.) and click on “Class Search”.
- Students who would like to spend a semester studying at AUB without enrolling in a degree program may apply as Visiting Student, Exchange Student, or Non-Degree Student.
- The Office of Admissions can provide more details about the procedure of applying to AUB without enrolling in a degree program.
- The tuition fees are on this link.
- For further information about Study Abroad opportunities for students coming to AUB, please contact the Office of International Programs (OIP). OIP provides support and services for all international students (degree-seeking and non-degree) who enroll at AUB.
Summer Arabic Programs
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about joining a study abroad program at AUB.