NEW! CAMES Summer Arabic Programs - ONLINE in summer 2020!
Online program dates: June 15 - July 31, 2020
In light of the global COVID-19 pandemic, we will offer the CAMES summer Arabic programs online in summer 2020. The programs will take place from June 15 - July 31 and will provide students with 9 credits of Arabic.
The tuition fees are reduced to $3,600 instead of $4,999.
How to apply for Summer 2020
2. Disregard "Part 2 - AUB Campus Services & Fees" and the old application and payment deadlines.
Please send us all your application documents before the new deadline of May 10, 2020.
3. Ask your recommenders to send your letters of recommendation directly to email@example.com
Payment of Fees
Full details about how to pay the fees will be provided in the letter of acceptance. For more information please email us
- The full fees are due by May 25, 2020.
- Accepted students who have not paid their tuition fees may not attend any part of the program.
- Payments can be made by check, or bank transfer. Credit card payments are not accepted.
Students who meet the following criteria may apply for financial support through AUB to help offset the costs of the CAMES summer Arabic programs: they should have an excellent academic record; and they should currently be receiving need-based financial aid at their home university. Students may apply for any of the scholarships below by filling out the "Funding Information" section on the CAMES summer Arabic programs application form
CAMES offers a number of partial tuition waivers that can be used to offset some of the program costs. These tuition waivers provide reductions of 25% - 50% of the $3,600 tuition fee.
- R. Bayly Winder Endowed Scholarship
With a mission to act as a link between the Arab World and the United States, and in recognition of the importance of the language, culture and history of the region, the R. Bayly Winder Endowed Scholarship
provides partial tuition support one or more qualified undergraduate student who is a United States citizen.
- David S. Dodge Arabic Fund
The David S. Dodge Arabic Fund award was established in 2010 by the Cleveland H. Dodge Foundation
. The award covers the cost of tuition for one or more students each summer. Preference is given to students from Princeton University, which was David S. Dodge’s alma mater, but if there are no students from Princeton applying, students from other universities will be considered for the scholarship. As in all other CAMES scholarships, the award is need-based.
To consider a student for any of the AUB scholarships above, CAMES must receive the following:
- A letter from the financial aid department of the student's home institution stating that they currently receive need-based financial aid and including details about the aid they receive
- A scan of the award letter that was issued to the student by their funding body with details about the aid they receive
- A financial aid statement from the student which provides details (in 250-300 words) about the student's financial aid situation including the following points:
- How much the student/their family can contribute to the CAMES summer Arabic program
- The amount/percentage of funding the student hopes to receive