|Information about the 2023 Summer Arabic Programs will be posted here in December 2023. Details of the 2023 programs will be similar to the 2022 program below. Please check back on the website or email us on email@example.com if you have any questions. |
NEW! The CAMES Summer Arabic Programs will take place on AUB campus in summer 2022.
- Nine credits of Arabic in seven weeks.
- Program dates: June 22 - August 10, 2022
- Application deadline: April 15, 2022 Deadline extended to June 10, 2022
- Payment deadline: June 1, 2022 (Fees)
We ask all participants in the CAMES Summer Arabic Programs to commit to the following pledge:
“I hereby commit myself to use Arabic as fully as possible throughout the summer programs at the American University in Beirut, in all classes and activities, with all participants in the program. In doing so, I aspire to maximize my learning this summer and help my colleagues maximize theirs as well.”
***Please read the CAMES Summer Arabic Program Policies and Regulations carefully. Enrolling in the programs indicates that you have read them and agree to abide by them.
- Click on First Time Applying to AUB to create an application, an application ID and a PIN. Please make sure you memorize/save the created ID and PIN for future reference.
- Note: there is no application fee to apply to the CAMES Summer Arabic Program.
- Select the Admission Term Summer 2021-2022 and begin filling out the application form.
You will be asked to upload the following documents so please have them ready:
Once you submit the application form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know, and include your AUB ID number (generated automatically when you fill out the online application form).
- Unofficial transcripts
- Scan of your passport
- Personal Statement: describe (in 450-500 words) your reasons for applying to the CAMES Summer Arabic Programs. Your statement can be in either Arabic or English.
- Writing Sample: For all applicants except those applying to one of the Introductory levels (Arabic Language & Culture or Lebanese Colloquial Arabic): An unaided writing sample in Arabic (175-200 words). Your Arabic writing sample can be on any topic, but it must be your own writing with no editing or assistance by anyone else or use of any translation programs. We need to see real evidence of where you are with Arabic at the moment.
Ask your recommenders to send your letters of recommendation to email@example.com as follows:
- If you are applying to one of the Introductory levels (Arabic Language & Culture or Lebanese Colloquial Arabic) we require two letters of recommendation from academic referees.
- If you are applying for any other level besides Introductory, we require two letters of recommendation from academic referees: one from your Arabic instructor and one from another academic referee.
- If you are no longer in college and are currently employed, you may still submit two letters of recommendation from academic referees; OR you may provide one letter from your employer and one from an academic referee.
Contact CAMES to apply for/reserve the following: