Acknowledging the Kamal A. Shair Central Research Science Laboratory (KAS CRSL) and The Core Facility's Faculty and Staff in your research publications
The KAS CRSL provides access to shared research equipment and facilities to AUB faculty members, their students and collaborators where CRSL staff provide essential services and guidance to CRSL users. Proper acknowledgment of CRSL staff helps them advance their careers. Acknowledgments of the KAS CRSL serves as a metric for assessing the value of the KAS CRSL and its staff to AUB’s research and educational missions and impact financial support for operations and expansion.
- CRSL Acknowledgment – If the research reported includes data obtained using KAS CRSL equipment and facilities, please include an acknowledgement of the “Kamal A. Shair Central Research Science Laboratory, Faculty of Arts and Sciences at the American University of Beirut” in the publication.
- Sample acknowledgment: “SEM and TGA analyses were performed using equipment and facilities in the Kamal A. Shair Central Research Science Laboratory, Faculty of Arts and Sciences at the American University of Beirut.”
- Equipment Funding Acknowledgment – KAS CRSL equipment and facilities acquired through grants may require acknowledgments that include a specific award number. Current equipment grants will be listed on this page and in documentation provided by staff.
Faculty and Staff Acknowledgment – If a CRSL staff member provided support through advanced training, sample preparation or guidance in experimental design or data analysis, please include the staff member in the acknowledgment as well as the KAS CRSL.
- Sample acknowledgement: “We thank Ms. Rania Shatila for expert assistance with SEM experiments and analysis.”
- Sample acknowledgement: "The authors would like to thank the Director of the Kamal A. Shair Central Research Science Laboratory, Faculty of Arts and Sciences at the American University of Beirut, Dr. Rami Oweini for facilitating and providing the access to equipment where sputtering and SEM studies and analyses were performed."
- Faculty and Staff Co-authorship – Please discuss co-authorship with CRSL staff in cases where they have made (or are asked to make) a significant and essential intellectual contribution to a research project submitted for publication.
- Co-author affiliation: Kamal A. Shair Central Research Science Laboratory, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, American University of Beirut, Riad El-Solh, P.O. Box: 11-0236, Beirut 1107 2020, Lebanon.