Welfare, ethics, and policy in economics; methodology,
philosophy, and history of behavioral & experimental economics.
- Mabsout, R. (with Jana Mourad) (2018) Harnessing
heuristics for economic policy. Economics & Philosophy, 34, pp. 135-163.
- Mabsout, R. (2018) The backward induction controversy as
a metaphorical problem. Economic Thought, 7, pp. 24-49.
- Mabsout, R. (2016) Response to Polzin, Rauschmayer,
Lilley, and Whitehead (2015) What could 'mindful capabilities' be? A comment on
Mabsout's 'Mindful Capabilities'. Ecological Economics, 128, pp. 260-261.
- Mabsout, R. (with Bana Bashour) (2016) Reconciling
economics with naturalist ethical theory. Review of Social Economy. 74, pp.
275-297. DOI: 10.1080/00346764.2016.1168034.
- Mabsout, R. (2015) Abduction and economics: The
contributions of Charles Peirce and Herbert Simon. Journal of Economic
Methodology, 22, pp. 491-516. DOI: 10.1080/1350178X.2015.1024876.
- Mabsout, R. (2015) Mindful capability. Ecological
Economics. 112, pp. 86-97. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolecon.2015.01.008.
- Mabsout, R. (2014) Bringing ethics back to welfare
economics. Review of Social Economy, LXXII, pp. 1-28. DOI:10.1080/00346764.2013.806109
(Paper selected as editor's pick for 2015).
- Late Neoclassical Economics: The Restoration of
Theoretical Humanism in Contemporary Economic Theory, Yahya Madra, Routledge.
Erasmus Journal for Philosophy & Economics, (2018), 11, pp. 107-116.
- Ethics in Economics: An Introduction to Moral Frameworks,
Jonathan Wight, Stanford University Press. The American Economist, (2017), 62,
pp. 272-275. DOI: 10.1177/0569434517691695.
- The Society of Equals, Pierre Rosanvallon, Harvard
University Press. Review of Political Economy, (2015), 27, pp. 685-689. DOI:
Culture, Health, and Sexuality; Ecological Economics;
Economic Systems; Feminist Economics; Forum for Social Economics; International
Studies in Philosophy of Science; Journal of Business Ethics; Journal of
Cleaner Production; Journal of Institutional Economics; Journal of
International Development; Journal of Poverty Alleviation & International
Development; Palgrave; Review of Social Economy; Routledge; Synthese; World
Development; World Economic Association.
Most recent taught courses:
Behavioral economics and public policy
History of economic thought (Special topic: The discovery
of utility theory in the 19th century)