By the end of their courses in the Communication Skills Program, students will:
1. Read a variety of texts critically to discover meaning and challenge their ideas.
2. Analyze texts from multiple genres through the context of their rhetorical situation and related
3. Collaborate to discover ideas and to compose and revise texts.
4. Use flexible writing process strategies to generate, develop, revise, edit, and proofread texts,
with judicious application of feedback (teacher, peer or self-reflection).
5. Produce effective written communication that is sensitive to the rhetorical situation,
demonstrating appropriate choices at all levels (content, organization & language or style).
6. Purposefully and ethically integrate material from sources while clearly articulating their own
argument (main message).