Research Assistant Position
Job Title: Research Assistant- FAS Online Programs Manager
Faculty: Faculty of Arts & Sciences (FAS)
Duration: March 2021 – September 2021 (renewable)
Nature of Appointment: Full Time
Under the direction of the FAS Dean, the candidate is responsible for delivering differentiated online
programs to market, addressing a need representing a viable business opportunity. A key component of the role is ensuring that FAS online programs support the vision, overall strategy, and goals of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) and the American University of Beirut (AUB) overall.
While the “Research Assistant- FAS Online Programs Manager” is ultimately responsible for managing the online programs from conception to end, throughout this process, they will receive assistance from a number of specialists such as instructional designers, multi-media developers, quality assurance specialists, operations experts, project managers, recruiters, and many others.
Competencies: (i) domain expertise, (ii) business expertise, (iii) leadership skills, and (iv) operational ability.
Role: (i) defines and supports the programs’ vision, strategy, and roadmap; (ii) gathers information on, manages, and prioritizes market requirements; (iii) acts as the customer advocate articulating their needs; (iv) works closely with the Programs’ Directors on recruitment, marketing, and support to ensure goals are met.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of existing online programs, identify competitive advantages, including competitive analysis and developing profiles of competitors
- Provide consultative services for the programs in terms of recruitment, business development, marketing communications, career management services, alumni relations, and public relations
- Clearly articulate the programs’ value proposition, marketing position and competitive advantages, contributing to recruitment, marketing communications, and public relations functions
- Along with the FAS Dean’s Office, act as the program spokesperson providing in-depth insight to a wide array of external and internal clients and potential collaborators/stakeholders
- Participate in the development and implementation of new online programs and enhancements to current online programs
- Participate in the planning, development, and execution of programs’ distribution and recruitment strategy
Program Management Standards:
- Develops and updates programs’ positioning, competitive analysis, marketing strategy, calling tree and all marketing material.
- Drives program marketing strategy with all needed stakeholders.
- Plays an active role in recruitment to achieve program KPIs through set recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Identifies trends, and opportunities to increase enrollments.
- Develops and reports on Marketing and Recruitment Efforts (MRE) financials in specific relation to marketing spend and Return on Investment (ROI).
- Plans and manages programs’ scope in planning, development, and execution. Works with various stakeholders to ensure a successful delivery of the programs e.g. instructional designers, multi-media developers, AUB operations experts, etc.
- Manages student lifecycle from admission and on-boarding all the way through graduation. Oversees updates on student-related registrar activities.
- Remains customer facing throughout the duration of the program.
- Maintains relationship with students to increase student retention and ensure program completion.
- Manages all communication with the participants e.g. mailers, running evaluation reports, following up on their completion of submittals.
- Commitment to outstanding levels of customer service
- Highly responsive
- A deep understanding of diploma, undergraduate, and graduate programs’ offerings
- Ability to build and maintain an excellent rapport with admission committee members and participants
- An understanding of the marketing and sales cycle in the higher education context
- Commitment to updating organizational systems
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or related subjects.
More than 5 years of experience in business administration, management, or related subjects, including proven experience in dealing with matters related to program/project management, higher education, and eLearning.
Excellent command of English.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Moodle (or other Learning Management System)
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter indicating your qualifications and interest in the position, along with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of application starts on March 1, 2021 until the position is filled.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.