Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Arts and Humanities
Center for Arts and Humanities (CAH)
The American University of Beirut invites applications for its Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Arts and Humanities, which begins in October 2020. The duration of appointment will be 10 months. Appointees will be attached to a relevant department and will be expected to remain in residence for the duration of the academic year.
The position is open to recent recipients of the PhD degree whose research and teaching interests involve one or more of the following disciplines:
- Fine Arts and Art History
- Middle Eastern Studies
Applicants must have received their doctoral degrees no later than 30 days and no earlier than five years prior to the appointment start date;
Applications must include the following:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of research interests (2-3 pages), specifically, research to be undertaken during the fellowship and proposed research product
- Dissertation abstract or summary (1 page)
- Samples of publications (or dissertation extracts)
- Statement of teaching interests and experience
- Three letters of recommendation; sent to email@example.com
- Copy of official transcript or letter of confirmation from dissertation committee chair indicating that the degree will be granted by the appointment start date.
Individuals who have held other postdoctoral fellowships are not barred from applying.
Stipend, benefits, and other advantages and obligations of the Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Arts and Humanities include:
- Annual stipend of LBP 68,175,000
- Co-pay health coverage under the University’s Health Insurance Plan
- Housing subsidy
- Teaching load of one course per semester
- Participation in the Arts and Humanities activities are required by the Center
Completed proposals should be submitted in one e-mail by close of business (5:00 p.m.) on September 10, 2020.
Application material should be sent to:
The completed application should be submitted electronically and in one e-mail to Ms. Rita Bassil [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.