American University of Beirut, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of Education
Education Students Society & Science and Mathematics Education Center
Twenty Sixth Annual Science, Mathematics and Technology Online Fair
March 27 & 28, 2021
The Education Students Society (ESS) and the Science and Mathematics Education Center (SMEC) are organizing the Twenty Sixth Annual Science, Mathematics and Technology Online Fair on the weekend of March 27 and 28, 2021. The Fair provides students from schools throughout Lebanon with the opportunity to share scientific, mathematical and technological projects with their peers from other schools.
The Fair aims to encourage and reinforce schools' efforts in:
- developing students' scientific and mathematical inquiry and critical thinking skills
- providing a relevant, hands-on, out-of-class dimension to science and mathematics instruction
- promoting creativity, initiative, collaborative skills, and independent thinking among students
- encouraging school/parent/student involvement in the learning process
We are inviting your school to participate in the Twenty Sixth Annual Science, Mathematics and Technology Online Fair. The deadline for schools to confirm participation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is December 22, 2020. Only twenty four schools can participate. Participation will be on first-come-first-served basis.
For further information, you can check the Call for participation
See Important Dates Below - Mark Your Calendar!
|Tuesday, December 22, 2020||Deadline for confirming participation by sending an email to email@example.com |
- The participation is for free this year.
|Friday, February 5, 2021||Deadline for submitting entry forms for participating projects and consent forms.|
- Please fill one entry form per project.
|Friday, February 19, 2021||This is our deadline to provide final confirmation of participation of specific projects in light of our review of whether the proposals meet the Fair guidelines, especially safety concerns. and consent forms.|
|Monday, March 8, 2021|
- This is our deadline for schools to upload their pre-recorded video. The video can include any form of digital media such as a recorded presentation, Power Points, posters, virtual lab demonstrations ...etc. The video should not exceed 10 minutes and it would be the only format accepted by the Fair.
- No extensions of the deadline would be granted
- Further details will be sent regarding uploading instructions by email
|Saturday, March 27, 2021|
Sunday, March 28, 2021
- Opening Ceremony live streamed
- Judging will take place following the opening ceremony. Students will be split into their groups into virtual rooms so that judges can evaluate their work by interviewing them
- Parents, teachers, principals, directors, friends, media etc... are not allowed in the virtual rooms during the judging of the projects. Only participating students are allowed inside the virtual rooms during judging. This will be strictly enforced.
- Results will only be released during the ceremony and not before.
If you have questions, please contact:
Miss May El Balaa
President of Education Studetns Society
Dr. Rola Khishfe
Advisor of Education Students Society
|01/350000 Ext: 3098||e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Dr. Rabih El Mouhayar
Director of SMEC
|01/350000 Ext: 3096||e-mail: email@example.com |
Mrs. Nahed El Oud Haidar
Administrative Assistant of Education Department - SMEC
|01/350000 Ext: 3060 - 3090||e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |