American University of Beirut, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of Education
Education Students Society & Science and Mathematics Education Center
Twenty Sixth Annual Science, Mathematics and Technology Fair
March 28 & 29, 2020
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED NOW)
The Education Students Society (ESS) and the Science and Mathematics Education Center (SMEC) are organizing the Twenty Sixth Annual Science, Mathematics and Technology Fair on the weekend of March 28 and 29, 2020 at the American University of Beirut. The Fair provides students from schools throughout Lebanon with the opportunity to share scientific, mathematical and technological projects with their peers from other schools.
The Fair aims to encourage and reinforce schools' efforts in:
- developing students' scientific and mathematical inquiry and critical thinking skills
- providing a relevant, hands-on, out-of-class dimension to science and mathematics instruction
- promoting creativity, initiative, collaborative skills, and independent thinking among students
- encouraging school/parent/student involvement in the learning process
We are inviting your school to participate in the Twenty Sixth Annual Science, Mathematics and Technology Fair. The deadline for schools to confirm participation by payment of fees (LL. 200,000) at SMEC office (Fisk Hall, Room 241) is November 29, 2019. Only twenty four schools can participate. Participation will be on first-come-first-served basis.
See Important Dates Below - Mark Your Calendar!
|Friday, November 29, 2019||4:00 p.m.|
- Deadline for confirming participation by payment of participation fees at SMEC office (Room 241, Fisk Hall, AUB) (Cash only will be accepted).
|Friday, February 7, 2020||4:00 p.m.|
- Deadline for submitting entry forms for participating projects
- Deadline for submitting information about the vehicle and the driver (only registered vehicles can enter during the fair).
|Friday, February 21, 2020||4:00 p.m.|
- This is our deadline to provide final confirmation of participation of specific projects in light of our review of whether the proposals meet the Fair guidelines, especially safety concerns.
|Saturday, March 28, 2020|
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Schools/students bring in and set-up projects
- Projects are coded in preparation for judging
- Opening Ceremony at Assembly Hall
- Judging will take place. Students should be with their projects at two sharp so that judges can evaluate their work.
|Sunday, March 29, 2020|
- Closing ceremony at Assembly Hall (NO PARENTS ALLOWED AT CLOSING CEREMONY THIS YEAR DUE TO LACK OF SPACE); Announcing winning projects; Distribution of certificates, prizes, and awards
- Fair is open to public (visiting schools, students, parents, the media, etc..)
- Schools/students dismantle and remove projects
If you have questions, please contact:
Miss Hanan Fadlallah
President of Education Studetns Society
Dr. Rola Khishfe
Advisor of Education Students Society
|01/350000 Ext: 3098||e-mail: email@example.com|
Dr. Rola Khishfe
Director of SMEC
|01/350000 Ext: 3098/3090||e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Mrs. Nahed El Oud Haidar
Administrative Assistant of SMEC
|01/350000 Ext: 3090||e-mail: email@example.com |