Minor in Media and Communication
Three core courses (MCOM 201, MCOM 202, MCOM 203) and any two MCOM electives, totaling 15 credits.
Minor in Film and Visual Culture
- Two core courses: ENGL 219 (Film as Text) and MCOM 222 (Intro to Visual Culture Studies);
- Two electives from the following: ENGL 241A, ENGL 257 (A….Z), MCOM 219, MCOM 220, MCOM 221, SOAN 236, SOAN 250, or other classes/special topics courses approved by the coordinator of the minor program;
- One elective from the following: ENGL 239, ENGL 254A, MCOM 245, MCOM 246 or special topics courses approved by the coordinator of the minor program;
Minor in Reporting in the Digital Age
The minor will be comprised of a total of five courses (15 credits) – three required and two electives. All of the courses are currently available with the exception of one (tentatively called Journalism and Society). This course will be introduced as a special topic in Spring 2017-18, and will be proposed for consideration to become part of the regular course offerings of the program in Media Studies.
The three core requirements are:
- MCOM 226: Journalism and Society
- MCOM 240 News Reporting and Writing
- MCOM 246 Digital and Multimedia News
Two additional electives from the following:
- MCOM244(a to z)
Any new or related special topics courses as approved by the Program (e.g. photojournalism)