MA Sociology Program Learning Outcomes
By the end of their graduate degree, we expect that Sociology students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of advanced theoretical approaches and key concepts in the discipline.
- Apply advanced sociological methods skills including research design, data gathering and analysis.
- Exhibit critical thinking in evaluating sociological questions and research
- Demonstrate responsible ethical and professional conduct related to sociological research
MA Anthropology Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop an advanced understanding of a wide range of current social and cultural issues considered in their historical context.
- Gain critical knowledge and insights into key theoretical debates in anthropology
- Apply conceptual and theoretical frameworks to the empirical study of specific research questions.
- Design research projects and employ ethnographic methods in an effective and ethical manner
- Communicate effectively anthropological knowledge in a diverse range of formats