There is limited availability of synthesized evidence for the Arab region on the magnitude of various health problems and their social determinants. Such evidence is particularly relevant to account for regional specificities in the implementation of interventions. Institutional capacity and resources to synthesize evidence are also limited in the region. This regional research project has been designed to provide a review of recent literature on priority topics in the Arab region, including physical inactivity, unhealthy weight, hypertension, coronary artery diseases, violence against women, violence against children, with special attention to the magnitude and burden of these health issues, as well as their social determinants.'
- Carla Makhlouf Obermeyer (PI)
- Hala Ghattas (Co-PI), Associate Research Professor and Interim Director, CRPH
- Chaza Akik (Co-PI), Research Associate, CRPH
- Christelle Akl, Research Assistant, CRPH
- Tatiana Elghossain, Research Assistant, CRPH
- Eman Sharara, Research Assistant, CRPH