Senior lecturer at the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS) at the American University of Beirut (AUB), and clinical associate of obstetrics gynecology and sexual health and Director of the Women Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) Program at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC), Dr. Faysal El-Kak, received the “Health Equity Leadership Award", offered by the Lebanese Medical Association for Sexual Health – LebMASH. This annual award is given for health care providers who embrace health equity, inclusive non-judgmental, and human rights approach in their practice.
LebMASH is an organization of health care professionals that aims to achieve equity in health with focus on sexual health and the health of marginalized groups such as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals.
“I am very honored to receive this award from LebMASH. Human rights and health equity are essential values to embrace as health care providers to promote social justice, health for all, leaving no one behind", stated Dr. El-Kak.
In addition to his prosperous academic and professional career as a Senior Lecturer of Health Behavior and Sexuality & Public Health, FHS, AUB, and as a Clinical Associate, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, AUBMC, Dr. El Kak occupies several positions that qualify him to be among the most active physician in his field in the Arab region, and globally.
These positions include:
- Vice President of the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO)
- Immediate Past President of the Federation of Arab Gynecology Obstetric Societies (FAGOs)
- Chair of the Middle East Sexual Health Committee and member of the advisory board of the World Association of Sexual Health
- Chair of the National Technical Committee on Corona and Pregnancy, MOPH, Lebanon
- Coordinator of the National Committee on Safe Motherhood, MOPH, Lebanon
- Member in the Global Advisory Board on Se xual Health and Wellbeing (GAB)
- Member of the AUB4REFUGEES initiative on Health of Women Refugees
- Coordinator of the Network of Arab Scholars on Sexuality and Sexual Health (NASSS)
- Co- Principal investigator of the “Youth Sexual & Reproductive Health Project" (FHS)