WOMEN IN NEUROANESTHESIA RECOGNITION
Dr. Carine Zeeni serves on the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care (SNACC) Membership and Education Committees. She is an Assistant Professor and Director of Neuroanesthesia at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC).
Dr. Zeeni was interviewed by the prestigious society, SNACC, after her publication, Beirut, in the Mind to Mind section of Anesthesiology where she so eloquently depicted the harsh reality of work as a neuroanesthesiologist during the activation of a disaster protocol after the Beirut port blast in August 2020.
Dr. Marie Maroun, department chairperson, described Dr. Zeeni's interview with SNACC as a faculty achievement that serves the academic mission of the department of Anesthesiology at AUBMC. Dr. Maroun added that Dr. Carine Zeeni's commitment and dedication makes us proud! Her achievement is yet another step towards keeping our department on the international map, and contributing to the visibility of our institution.
After reading Dr. Zeeni's interview by clicking here, we invite you to read her publication, “Beirut".
Residency Program Awards 2019/2020
Dr. Carine Zeeni is the proud recipient of the “Teacher of the Year Award" for 2019-2020. This award is given annually to an anesthesiology faculty member in recognition of outstanding achievements in teaching and dedicated service towards the residency program.
Dr. Amro Khalili is the proud recipient of the
“Excellent Teaching Fellow Award”. Amro is the
cardiac anesthesia fellow who proved to be a
great teacher, mentor, friend and a brother to his
colleagues not only in ORs 6 and 10, but also
outside the OR premises. His knowledge has
been of great help and support to make his
colleagues love the most challenging rotation.
Dr. Layal Abou Daher is the proud recipient of the
“Resident of the Year Award” for 2019-2020. This
award is given annually to an anesthesiology
resident in recognition of teaching, popularity,
professionalism and devotion to the profession.
Layal has been an exemplary chief resident, and
she showed considerable effort and countless
ideas to upgrade many aspects in the residency
program. Layal also led her colleagues by example,
and gained their respect.
Dr. Said Tarraf is the proud
recipient of the “Best
Performance Award” for 2019-
2020. This award is given
annually to the anesthesiology
resident that demonstrates
superior academic achievement,
as well as exceptional overall
Dr. Stephanie Hoayek is the
proud recipient of the “Best
AKT Award” for 2019-2020.
This award is given annually to
the anesthesiology resident
that gets the highest score on
the Anesthesia Knowledge Test
Residency Program Awards 2018/2019
FRRP Open House 2019
- Dr. Carine Zeeni received the 2019 “Advisor of the Year” award for her generous commitment, support & inspiration to anesthesia FRRP residents (in absentia, received on her behalf by Dr. Mohamad Issam Khatib (top left)).
- Dr. Rana Yamout received the 2019 “Faculty Advancement Program” (FAP) award for her innovative and interesting research proposal (top right).
- Dr. Joanna Bouez, mentored by Dr. Sahar Sayyid, received the “1st Prize” award for her oral presentation on “Pre-procedural Ultrasound versus Conventional Landmark Techniques for Spinal Anesthesia in Elderly Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial” (bottom left).
- Mrs. Fatima Msheik received the “FRRP Program Coordinator” award for her efficient encouragement, help and follow up on the resident’s FRRP requirements and submissions (bottom right).
Epic Team Lead Award 2019
Dr. Carine Zeeni received the Epic Team Lead Award on April 10, 2019 in recognition for her leadership and dedicated efforts in the Anesthesia Department's successful transition to Epic.
First Residents Medical Competition (RMC1) 2019
During the First Residents Medical Competition (RMC1), anesthesiology residents teamed up with residents from other specialties, and shined bright during this event.
- Dr. Ismat Mrad, along with his non-anesthesia team, ranked SECOND.
- Drs. Eliane Al Halabi, Bassam Farhat, and Layal Abou Daher, along with two non-anesthesia residents, ranked THIRD.
- Dr. Adeeb Oweidat won by “draw”, as a participant in this competition.
FRRP Open House 2018
Drs. Karim Kechli and Mohammad Ayash were awarded the best poster prize during the 2018 clinical research open house. Their research project entitled: “Fiberoptic-Guided Fiberoptic Intubation in a Manikin-Simulated Difficult Airway
” was mentored by Dr. Sahar Siddik-Sayyid.
FRRP Open House 2015
The FRRP best oral presentation award was won by Dr. Rony Al Nawwar mentored by Dr. Marie T. Aouad representing the Department of Anesthesiology.Title: Intravenous Dexmedetomidine for the Prevention of Post-Operative Shivering in Patients Undergoing General Anesthesia: A Dose-Finding Study.