Dr Fadi Farhat is currently Professor of Medical Oncology & Head of Hematology Oncology Division at Hammoud Hospital UMC, Saida, Lebanon. Dr Farhat started his medical training in Oncology at Institut Gustave Roussy, Ville Juif, France (1989-1994). He moved to Montpellier Anticancer Center, France, where he was appointed as associate Physician (1994-1996).
Dr Farhat has been appointed as
- President of the “Cancer Research Group – Collaborative Group” since 2013.
- President of the “Lebanese Society of Medical Oncology” for 2 years (2014-2016)
- Director of the “Evidence-Based Decision Making in Healthcare”- joint certificate of the lebanese society of medical oncology and the High School of Business, Diderot University Paris (2015-2016).
- Treasurer & Co-founder of “Africa Middle East Cancer Intergroup” for research-AMCI (2015-present)
Dr Farhat holds several medical diplomas from different Universities in Paris among which the Diploma of
- Clinical Cancerology - “Université Paris VI - Pierre et Marie Curie”,
- Cancer Pharmacology - “Université Paris VI - Pierre et Marie Curie”,
- Specialization in Medical Oncology - “Université Paris V René Descartes”,
- Hematology - “Université Paris VI - Pierre et Marie Curie”, and
- Breast Diseases - “Université Paris VII”
- Master in Health and Hospital Management - ESA Business School, “Université Diderot – Paris”.
Dr Farhat has authored more than 80 papers in international peer-reviewed journals and published more than two hundred abstracts & posters in cancer research field and was invited several time as national and international speaker. Dr Farhat is a certified member of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), and member of the European Association of Hematology (EHA), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and several other international and local professional associations in the cancer field. Finally, Dr Farhat is deeply involved in research and has been PI or co-PI in many phase III international studies.