Webinar 1 – October 22, 2019 – 5:00 pm (60 Minutes)
|Vitamin K Antagonists [VKAs] versus Direct Oral Anticoagulants [DOACs] ||Dr. Maurice Khoury|
|Managing patients on VKAs and DOACs: What Nurses Should Know? ||Dr. Angela Massouh|
Webinar 2 – October 29, 2019 – 5:00 pm (60 Minutes)
|Anticoagulation in Cardiovascular Conditions: Current status, potential promise||Dr. Maurice Khoury|
|Managing Vitamin K Antagonists: Protocol Based INR Management||Dr. Maurice Khoury |
Dr. Angela Massouh
Ms. Sarah Ghalayini
You can choose to register in one of the two webinars or both.
Effective anticoagulation therapy requires systematic, coordinated patient care management by healthcare providers. With the introduction of novel anticoagulation agents, anticoagulation and thrombosis management guidelines have evolved immensely; thus, the need for advanced educational preparation in patient care management has emerged.
The target audience for this online webinar series is nurses working with patients receiving anticoagulation therapy. It will reinforce and advance your skills and knowledge around Vitamin K antagonists and Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACS). It provides an opportunity to refine your clinical knowledge and focus on the practical aspects of translating the latest evidence-based guidelines into everyday practice.
This online webinar is designed to be practical and clinically focused and uses problem-based learning and real clinical scenarios to enable participation in clinical decision making and problem-solving practice.
This webinar series aims at
- providing healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills to improve their competence in managing thromboembolic conditions,
- Discussing current anticoagulation management issues and practices with an emphasis on recent advances in anticoagulation, and
- Assisting healthcare professionals better understand and implement the new elements of performance of the National Patient Safety Goals.
By the end of this webinar series, you will be able to
- Have a greater understanding of best practices in anticoagulant therapy: anticoagulation management and prevention of complications based on current guidelines and existing research evidence.
- Have enhanced skills and confidence indosing of Vitamin K anticoagulants.
- Have a better understanding of treatment monitoring and risk factor modification for patients treated with DOACS.
- Dr. Maurice Khoury, MD - Clinical Associate Professor; Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Angela Massouh, PhD, CNS - Assistant Professor of Nursing Science and Cardiology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Ms. Sarah Ghalayini, BSN - Registered Nurse
This Webinar Series is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Pfizer