Issuance of Continuing Education Certificates
The CME Office issues two types of certificates, namely: certificate of attendance and certificate of completion.
Certificates of Attendance:
- Certificate of attendance is provided to participants who have attended continuing education activities as in classes, conferences, or other education/training programs or events, without demonstration that they have met the learning objectives.
- This certificate presented at the conclusion of the program or event signifies that the participant was present/attended the program or CE activity.
- Certificate of attendance is awarded based on attendance only, without the requirement of passing an end of CE activity outcome assessment.
- The certificate could be Certificate of Attendance and Participation in case attendees actively participated in session exercises or activities.
- Possession of a certificate of attendance or participation does not indicate that the participant has accomplished the intended learning outcomes.
- Certificates are also granted to speakers who participated in the CE activity upon their request.
Certificate of Completion:
- Certificate of completion is granted to participants who are evaluated against predetermined standards for knowledge, skills, or competencies.
- This certificate is awarded to participants who demonstrate that they meet the standards by successfully completing the required assessment measure (test, return demonstration, problem solving exercises, case study analysis, project, competency checklist, etc…).
CME Certificate Policies
- Those who fail to attend more than half of the activity are not eligible for certificate of attendance or completion.
- Both types of certificates could carry continuing education credits from Lebanese Order of Physicians (LOP), Order of Nurses in Lebanon (ONL), American Medical Association (AMA), American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC), National Association of Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) and other regional bodies.
- Certificates act only as proof of attendance and/or completion and do not qualify their beholders to any specialty.
- No certificates will be issued after 30 days of the activity due date.
Claim Your Certificate
Type of Certificate||
AUB-MC Certificate of Attendance||All attendees and speakers are eligible for an AUB-MC Certificate of Attendance||To receive your AUB-MC certificate of attendance, you are kindly requested to present your registration badge to the registration desk at the end of the activity. Your certificate will be issued immediately. For online activities, your certificate will be sent to your email after you complete the online evaluation form sent by the CME Office.|
Lebanese Order of Physicians (LOP) Certificate||All attendees and speakers registered under the LOP are eligible for an LOP certificate||To receive your LOP certificate, you are kindly requested to note down your LOP registration number along with your signature and email on the daily attendance sheet. Your LOP CME certificate will be added to your LOP file within a time period of 2 to 3 months.|
AMA PRA |
1 CreditsTM Certificate
|All MD attendees and MD speakers are eligible for the AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM certificate||To receive your AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM certificate, you are kindly requested to complete the online evaluation form that is sent by the CME Office to your email by the deadline stated. The CME Office will send you your CME certificate within 72 hours after receiving your submitted evaluation. |
ANCC Certificate||All nurses are eligible for ANCC credits||ANCC certificates are sent to participants by the CME office after 1 month of completing the activity.|
Order of Nurses in Lebanon (ONL) Certificate||All licensed nurses working in Lebanon are eligible for ONL certificates||ONL credits are granted at the conclusion of the activity.|