Thank you for agreeing to be a speaker/moderator for our educational activitiy. We strive to provide you with the best hospitality to make your visit and stay an enjoyable experience.
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) issued new Standards for Commercial Support in September 2004. These Standards require us to collect more detailed information about financial relationships than previously. Significantly, they require completion of all disclosures before an Activity Director and his/her faculty can be certified. Please help us comply with ACCME Standards for Commercial Support. In order to confirm a speaker for an activity the following disclosures should be completed before the start of the activity: Faculty Financial Relationship Disclosure and the Faculty Compliance Agreement. It goes without saying that all CME/CNE activities must provide fair and balanced presentations. When preparing your material (SLIDES AND SYLLABUS WHEN APPLICABLE), please adhere to the following:
- There should not be bias towards a product, procedure, device or therapy.
- All applicable products, devices or therapies should be addressed in your presentation to ensure fair and equal balance.
- Classes of drugs and devices should be used rather than individual agents whenever possible.
- Do not refer to trade names of any products unless all products’ trade names are used.
- Neither generic nor trade names of products should be in the title of a slide.
- A commercial company name/logo should not be on your slides or syllabus material.
- Introduce the speakers
- Keep discussions and questions related to scientific nature to assure that talks are in compliance with the ACCME/ANCC standards for granting CME/CNE to our attendees
- Stimulate discussions during the “Question and Answer” time slot
- Observe strict adherence to the time allocated to each speaker
- Remind attendees to fill the CME and evaluation forms found at the registration desk