The mission of the CME Office at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC) is to anticipate and meet the continuing medical education needs of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals in Lebanon and the region, in order to improve the safety and quality of patient care both locally and regionally by offering high quality CME activities that augment health care professional’s knowledge and competence ultimately improving patient outcomes
To become the primary regional resource for North American accredited continuing professional development and education activities targeting physicians, nurses and other health care professionals.
The office will work to provide physicians, nurses and other health care professionals with exemplary, cutting-edge activities rooted in evidence-based practices based on identification of new and emerging health care needs and opportunities derived from research and practice so that, through education, we can significantly improve health.
- To present new knowledge and its application to various levels of healthcare and disease prevention.
- To provide educational activities targeted to specific physician/ team audiences within the Medical Center to keep their knowledge and skills at the highest possible levels commensurate with the standards of excellence at AUBMC based on the needs of audiences of healthcare providers.
- To increase the CME Office capabilities to understand and measure the needs of its diverse physician and nurse audiences through increased research in educational needs and ultimate outcomes.
- To partner with other distinguished organizations and institutions, under the clinical and scientific guidance of the AUBMC faculty, to offer educational activities to regional, national, and international medical communities that expand the reach and contribution of the AUBMC clinical and scientific faculty.
- To develop and evaluate new educational tools employing emerging technologies to bring biomedical knowledge and delivery of healthcare to physicians and nurses worldwide.
- T o meet or exceed the essential areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the guidelines of the American Medical Association's Physician Recognition Award (AMA/PRA).