It is a yearly program that includes bimonthly seminar series, a number of training workshops and an integrated project.
Newly recruited Faculty members in the Faculty of Medicine.
To train new and junior faculty members* of the FM in clinical research
To support the development of FM junior faculty members into clinical researchers.
To build capacity to support CRI training activities and provision of services in clinical research
To create a supportive faculty forum to discuss and collaborate on research projects
All new and junior faculty members interested in applying for a Seed Grant are required to take the "Faculty Advancement Program in Clinical Research" before submitting their proposals for the fund.
FAP Team Members
FAP director: Martine El Bejjani, PhD
FAP coordinator: Sara Khansa, MBA
Ms. Sara Khansa
Telephone: 961 1350000 ext. 5452
2019/ 2020 FAP Calendar
- Introductory session-What resources for clinical research are available at AUB?
- Structure of IP proposal (20 minutes)-Scientific Writing
- IP discussion I: Research question
- How to identify internal and external funding?
- What are the functions of the Office of Grants & Contracts (OGC)?
- ABCs of statistics
- ABCs of research designs
- IP discussion II: Research design and methodology
- How to get through IRB?
- How to prepare for your promotion?
- IP discussion III: Analysis and Anticipated Results/tables
- Building a research team
- IP discussion IV: Challenges
- Social Media
- Evaluation and planning forward and distribution of certificates