Dr. Assaad Eid
- Diabetes and diabetic complications:
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Diabetic Cardiomyopathy
- Diabetes Induced Cancer
- Signaling Mechanisms of diabetic complications.
- Diabetes applied research – non-invasive glucose monitoring devices, and insulin pump delivery.
- Biomarkers identification to predict the onset and development of renal and cardiovascular injuries in diabetes.
- Drug synthesis and drug screening to inhibit diabetic complications development.
- Stem cells research in diabetes.
Homeostatic Effect of Laughter on Diabetic Cardiovascular complications: The myth turned to Fact.
Noureldein M, Eid AA. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 135:111-119, 2017.
Rictor/mTORC2 axis Regulates Nox4 Mediated Podocyte Injury in Diabetic Nephropathy.
Eid S, Boutary S, Braych K, Sabra R, Hamdy A, Moodad S, Rashid A, Massaad C, Block K, Gorin Y, Abboud HE, and
Eid AA. Antioxid Redox Signaling. 25(13):703-719, 2017.
CYP4A/CYP2C modulation of the interaction of calcium channel blockers with cyclosporine on EDHF-mediated renal vasodilations in rats.
Hammoud S, Omar A,
Eid AA.* , El-Mass M
Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 334: 110-119, 2017.
Sestrin 2 and AMPK connect hyperglycemia to Nox4-dependent eNOS uncoupling and matrix protein expression.
Eid AA. , Lee DY, Roman LJ, Khazim K, Gorin Y, El-Mass M
Mol Cell Biol. 33(17): 3439-3460, 2013.
mTOR Regulates Nox4-Mediated Podocyte Depletion in Diabetic Renal Injury
Eid AA. , Ford BM, Bhandary B, Cavagliery R, Block K, Barnes JL, Gorin Y, Choudhury GG, Abboud HE
Diabetes. 62(8):2935-2947, 2013.
- Beirut International Healthcare Industry Forum - First Prize in the startup competition, 07/2017.
- French-Lebanese Scientific Excellence Award “Prix d’Excellence Scientifique Franco-Libanais”, 12/2016.
- Visiting Professor, Paris Descartes University, Faculty of Applied and Biomedical Sciences, Paris, France, 04/2016.
- Mohamad Chaeib Foundation Scientific Research Award – First Prize, 08/2013.
- Elected in the Interacademy Medical Panel - Young physician Leaders, 08/2013.