The resident research project has been established in the program of family medicine since 1993. The goal of the activity is to introduce research skills to the residents. The project is mandatory to graduation.
Ahmad Atieh (PGY4)
|May Romani||Health and Wellness Programs for Arab Academic Hospitals employees: a descriptive study|
|Maria Tanielian (PGY4)||Georges Assaf||Prevalence of circadian rhythmic sleep disturbances among older patients taking sleeping pills for insomnia|
|Elie Korbani & Chloe Saade (PGY4)||Jinan Usta||Assessment of patient gender preference of physicians in various aspects and services provided in family medicine|
|Ghassan Khairallah (PGY4)||Nisrine Makarem||The Effect of Workplace Bullying on Fatigue in employees: the moderating roles of Gender and Spirituality|
|Lea Feghali & Jad El Khoury (PGY3)||Jihane Naous||KAP study among physicians regarding PreP for prevention of HIV|
|Roxane Assaf (PGY3)|
|The Predictors of Weight Change During the COVID-19 Pandemic Among Lebanese Residents|
|Nadim Ghanem (PGY3)|
|Ali Taher||Effect of spirituality on the Quality of Life of A Thalassemia Population In Lebanon|
Achievments of the Residents
- Mohamad Ali Jardaly: FRRP E-OPEN HOUSE 2020 Best Oral Presentation for Family Medicine for the FRRP Project : “A multi-center survey assessing the financial literacy of fourth year medical students in Lebanon”
Vicky Kassouf: FRRP E-OPEN HOUSE 2020 Best Oral Presentation for Family Medicine for the FRRP Project : “Effect of a discordant opinion offered by second opinion physician on the patient’s final decision for management of spinal disc disease”
- Gaith Rukbi: FRRP OPEN HOUSE 2018 Poster Award for the FRRP project: “Vitamin D deficiency and Carpal tunnel syndrome: a randomized controlled study”
- Noura Kaadi: FRRP OPEN HOUSE 2016 Poster Award for the project: “Medical Students’ Choice of Family Medicine as a Future Specialty Before and After a Family Medicine Rotation in Lebanon”
- Alexandra Ghadieh: FRRP OPEN HOUSE 2015: oral presentation second prize for the project "effect of various reminders on uptake of pneumococcal vaccine in adults".
- Georges Assaf: Research Day 2015 Alpha Omega Alpha Award for the best oral presentation for the project: “Prevelance of mild cognitive impairment and associated risk factors in ambulatory senior patients
- Issam El Shaarani, Khairat El Habbal and Zeina El Halabi pursued the SHARP course.
Publications: (* Advisor)
- Kassouf, V., Sagherian, B.H., Yassin, K. and Antoun, J.*, 2022. Effect of a discordant opinion offered by a second opinion physician on the patient’s decision for management of spinal disc disease. Patient Education and Counseling, 105, ppp. 228-232.
- El Baba, S., Antoun, J., Mladenovic, A., Tamim, H. and Naous, J*., 2021. Impact of Sleep on Medical Residents’ Emotions: A Cross-Sectional Study Using a Wearable Device. Family Medicine, 53(4), pp.275-281.
- Al-Habbal K, Arawi T*. Physicians' empathy levels in a primary care setting: perceptions of patients and their physicians, a qualitative study. Fam Pract. 2020 Nov 28;37(6):834-838. doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmaa073. PMID: 32699898.
- Hamadeh, G, Antoun, J, Romani, M. The effect of Balint training on the psychological skills of residents beyond family medicine residency. Health Education Journal. 2020. https://doi.org/10.1177/0017896920930267
- Alameddine, R., Seifeddine, S., Ishak, H., Antoun, J*. Improving statin prescription through the involvement of nurses in the provision of ASCVD score: a quality improvement initiative in primary care. 2020. Postgraduate Medicine.
- Khalil M, Antoun J*. Knowledge and consumption of caffeinated products by university students in Beirut, Lebanon. 2020. Clinical Nutrition ESPEN
Abuaisha, M., El Masri, R., Itani, H. and Antoun, J.*, 2020. Prevalence of Iron Deficiency (ID) without Anemia in the General Population Presenting to Primary Care Clinics: A Cross-Sectional Study. Postgraduate medicine.
- Aoun, L., Lakkis, N. and Antoun, J., 2020. Prevalence and Outcomes of Web-Based Health Information Seeking for Acute Symptoms: Cross-Sectional Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22(1), p.e15148.
- Ahmed, A.S., Halabi, Z. and Antoun, J., 2019. The effect of the waste disposal crisis on the rates of hospitalization due to acute diarrheal illness in a middle-income country: Retrospective chart review. International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
- Nahas, M., Hlais, S., Saberian,C., and Antoun J., 2018. Problematic smartphone use among Lebanese adults aged 18–65 years using MPPUS-10. Computers in Human Behavior.; 87;349-353.
- Taleb R, Shaarani I, Lakkis N, El-Jarrah R, Osman M., 2018. Adoption of positive health behaviour among primary care physicians: a cross-sectional pilot study from Lebanon. BJGP Open. May 15:bjgpopen18X101590.
- Shaarani, I., Taleb, R. and Antoun, J.*, 2017. Effect of Computer Use on Physician-Patient Communication Using a Validated Instrument: Patient Perspective. International Journal of Medical Informatics. 108; 152-157
- Osman H* Rihan A, Garralda E, Rhee JY, Pons JJ, de Lima L, et al. Atlas of Palliative Care in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. Houston: IAHPC Press; 2017
- Hseiki, R.A., Osman, M.H.*, El-Jarrah, R.T., Hamadeh, G.N. and Lakkis, N.A., 2017. Knowledge, attitude and practice of Lebanese primary care physicians in nutrition counseling: a self-reported survey. Primary Health Care Research & Development, pp.1-6.
- Makarem, N.N. and Antoun, J.*, 2016. Email communication in a developing country: different family physician and patient perspectives. Libyan Journal of Medicine, 11(1), p.32679.
- Ghadieh, A.; Hamadeh, G.* Mahmasani, D.; Lakkis, N.*The effect of various types of patients’ reminders on the uptake of pneumococcal vaccine in adults: A randomized controlled trial. Vaccine. 2015. 33,43:5868-587.
- Naji, F., Hamadeh, G.* Hlais, S. and Adib, S., 2015. Truth disclosure to cancer patients: shifting attitudes and practices of Lebanese physicians. AJOB Empirical Bioethics, 6(3), pp.41-49.
- Romani, M.H., Musharrafieh, U.M.* Lakkis, N.A. and Hamadeh, G.N., 2011. Family physicians beliefs and attitudes regarding adult pneumococcal and influenza immunization in Lebanon. Family practice, 28(6), pp.632-637.
- Antoun, J., Hamadeh, G.N.* and Adib, S.M., 2014. What matters in the patients' decision to revisit the same primary care physician?. Lebanese Medical Journal, 62(4), pp.198-202.
- Mario Chahrouri Presented his FRRP project Wonca EMR 2018: Patient perspective about physician disclosure