The resident research project has been established in the program of family medicine since 1993. The goal of the activity is to introduce research skills to the residents. The project is mandatory to graduation.
|Dr. Reina Alameddine|
|Effect of providing physicians with ASCVD score on statin prescription in primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases.||Dr. Jumana Antoun|
|Dr. Mario Chahrouri|
|Are physicians comfortable disclosing personal information about their personal life?||Dr. Ghassan Hamadeh|
|Dr. Rayan El Masri|
|Relationship between consumption of diet beverages and obesity
|Dr. Umayya Musharrafieh|
|Dr. Zeina Halabi |
|Practices And Barriers Of Prescribing Adult Preventive Services Among Primary Care Physicians In Lebanon||Dr. Mona Osman|
|Dr. Ghaith Rukbi |
|Role of vitamin D in idiopathic carpal tunnel syndrome(CTS).||Dr. Raja Sawaya|
|Dr. Munder Abou Aisha |
|Prevalence of iron deficiency without anemia in general population presenting to primary care clinics||Dr. Jumana Antoun|
|Dr. Gracia Hamadeh|
|Balint effects on the psycological skills beyond family medicine residency||Dr. Maya Romani|
|Dr. Razan Hamzeh |
|Post exposure tetanus prophylaxis: KAP of accident and emergency physicians and medical staff in Lebanon||Dr. Jinan Usta|
|Dr. Hala Ishak |
|DM management: what is beyond metformin?||Dr. Nathalie Khoueiry|
|Dr. Ahmed Sayed Ahmed |
|Effect of waste disposal crisis on rates of hospitalization of acute diarrhea||Dr. Jumana Antoun|
Achievments of the Residents
- Noura Kaadi: FRRP OPEN HOUSE 2016 Poster Award for the project: “Medical Students’ Choice of Family Medicine as a Future Specialty Before and After a Family Medicine Rotation in Lebanon”
- Alexandra Ghadieh: FRRP OPEN HOUSE 2015: oral presentation second prize for the project "effect of various reminders on uptake of pneumococcal vaccine in adults".
- Georges Assaf: Research Day 2015 Alpha Omega Alpha Award for the best oral presentation for the project: “Prevelance of mild cognitive impairment and associated risk factors in ambulatory senior patients
- Issam El Shaarani, Khairat El Habbal and Zeina El Halabi pursued the SHARP course.
Publications: (* Advisor)
- Osman H* Rihan A, Garralda E, Rhee JY, Pons JJ, de Lima L, et al. Atlas of Palliative Care in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. Houston: IAHPC Press; 2017
- Hseiki, R.A., Osman, M.H.*, El-Jarrah, R.T., Hamadeh, G.N. and Lakkis, N.A., 2017. Knowledge, attitude and practice of Lebanese primary care physicians in nutrition counseling: a self-reported survey. Primary Health Care Research & Development, pp.1-6.
- Makarem, N.N. and Antoun, J.*, 2016. Email communication in a developing country: different family physician and patient perspectives. Libyan Journal of Medicine, 11(1), p.32679.
- Ghadieh, A.; Hamadeh, G.* Mahmasani, D.; Lakkis, N.*The effect of various types of patients’ reminders on the uptake of pneumococcal vaccine in adults: A randomized controlled trial. Vaccine. 2015. 33,43:5868-587.
- Naji, F., Hamadeh, G.* Hlais, S. and Adib, S., 2015. Truth disclosure to cancer patients: shifting attitudes and practices of Lebanese physicians. AJOB Empirical Bioethics, 6(3), pp.41-49.
- Romani, M.H., Musharrafieh, U.M.* Lakkis, N.A. and Hamadeh, G.N., 2011. Family physicians beliefs and attitudes regarding adult pneumococcal and influenza immunization in Lebanon. Family practice, 28(6), pp.632-637.
- Antoun, J., Hamadeh, G.N.* and Adib, S.M., 2014. What matters in the patients' decision to revisit the same primary care physician?. Lebanese Medical Journal, 62(4), pp.198-202.