The resident research project has been established in the program of family medicine since 1993. The goal of the activity is to introduce research skills to the residents. The project is mandatory to graduation.
|Dr. Reina Alameddine|
|Effect of providing physicians with ASCVD score on statin prescription in primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases.||Dr. Jumana Antoun|
|Dr. Mario Chahrouri|
|Are physicians comfortable disclosing personal information about their personal life?||Dr. Ghassan Hamadeh|
|Dr. Rayan El Masri|
|Relationship between consumption of diet beverages and obesity
|Dr. Umayya Musharrafieh|
|Dr. Zeina Halabi |
|Practices And Barriers Of Prescribing Adult Preventive Services Among Primary Care Physicians In Lebanon||Dr. Mona Osman|
|Dr. Ghaith Rukbi |
|Role of vitamin D in idiopathic carpal tunnel syndrome(CTS).||Dr. Raja Sawaya|
|Dr. Munder Abou Aisha |
|Prevalence of iron deficiency without anemia in general population presenting to primary care clinics||Dr. Jumana Antoun|
|Dr. Gracia Hamadeh|
|Balint effects on the psycological skills beyond family medicine residency||Dr. Maya Romani|
|Dr. Razan Hamzeh |
|Post exposure tetanus prophylaxis: KAP of accident and emergency physicians and medical staff in Lebanon||Dr. Jinan Usta|
|Dr. Hala Ishak |
|DM management: what is beyond metformin?||Dr. Nathalie Khoueiry|
|Dr. Ahmed Sayed Ahmed |
|Effect of waste disposal crisis on rates of hospitalization of acute diarrhea||Dr. Jumana Antoun|
Achievments of the Residents
- Gaith Rukbi: FRRP OPEN HOUSE 2018 Poster Award for the FRRP project: “Vitamin D deficiency and Carpal tunnel syndrome: a randomized controlled study”
- Noura Kaadi: FRRP OPEN HOUSE 2016 Poster Award for the project: “Medical Students’ Choice of Family Medicine as a Future Specialty Before and After a Family Medicine Rotation in Lebanon”
- Alexandra Ghadieh: FRRP OPEN HOUSE 2015: oral presentation second prize for the project "effect of various reminders on uptake of pneumococcal vaccine in adults".
- Georges Assaf: Research Day 2015 Alpha Omega Alpha Award for the best oral presentation for the project: “Prevelance of mild cognitive impairment and associated risk factors in ambulatory senior patients
- Issam El Shaarani, Khairat El Habbal and Zeina El Halabi pursued the SHARP course.
Publications: (* Advisor)
Abuaisha, M., El Masri, R., Itani, H. and Antoun, J.*, 2020. Prevalence of Iron Deficiency (ID) without Anemia in the General Population Presenting to Primary Care Clinics: A Cross-Sectional Study. Postgraduate medicine.
- Aoun, L., Lakkis, N. and Antoun, J., 2020. Prevalence and Outcomes of Web-Based Health Information Seeking for Acute Symptoms: Cross-Sectional Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22(1), p.e15148.
- Ahmed, A.S., Halabi, Z. and Antoun, J., 2019. The effect of the waste disposal crisis on the rates of hospitalization due to acute diarrheal illness in a middle-income country: Retrospective chart review. International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
- Nahas, M., Hlais, S., Saberian,C., and Antoun J., 2018. Problematic smartphone use among Lebanese adults aged 18–65 years using MPPUS-10. Computers in Human Behavior.; 87;349-353.
- Taleb R, Shaarani I, Lakkis N, El-Jarrah R, Osman M., 2018. Adoption of positive health behaviour among primary care physicians: a cross-sectional pilot study from Lebanon. BJGP Open. May 15:bjgpopen18X101590.
- Shaarani, I., Taleb, R. and Antoun, J.*, 2017. Effect of Computer Use on Physician-Patient Communication Using a Validated Instrument: Patient Perspective. International Journal of Medical Informatics. 108; 152-157
- Osman H* Rihan A, Garralda E, Rhee JY, Pons JJ, de Lima L, et al. Atlas of Palliative Care in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. Houston: IAHPC Press; 2017
- Hseiki, R.A., Osman, M.H.*, El-Jarrah, R.T., Hamadeh, G.N. and Lakkis, N.A., 2017. Knowledge, attitude and practice of Lebanese primary care physicians in nutrition counseling: a self-reported survey. Primary Health Care Research & Development, pp.1-6.
- Makarem, N.N. and Antoun, J.*, 2016. Email communication in a developing country: different family physician and patient perspectives. Libyan Journal of Medicine, 11(1), p.32679.
- Ghadieh, A.; Hamadeh, G.* Mahmasani, D.; Lakkis, N.*The effect of various types of patients’ reminders on the uptake of pneumococcal vaccine in adults: A randomized controlled trial. Vaccine. 2015. 33,43:5868-587.
- Naji, F., Hamadeh, G.* Hlais, S. and Adib, S., 2015. Truth disclosure to cancer patients: shifting attitudes and practices of Lebanese physicians. AJOB Empirical Bioethics, 6(3), pp.41-49.
- Romani, M.H., Musharrafieh, U.M.* Lakkis, N.A. and Hamadeh, G.N., 2011. Family physicians beliefs and attitudes regarding adult pneumococcal and influenza immunization in Lebanon. Family practice, 28(6), pp.632-637.
- Antoun, J., Hamadeh, G.N.* and Adib, S.M., 2014. What matters in the patients' decision to revisit the same primary care physician?. Lebanese Medical Journal, 62(4), pp.198-202.
- Mario Chahrouri Presented his FRRP project Wonca EMR 2018: Patient perspective about physician disclosure