The Department of Internal Medicine at AUB strives to serve the people of Lebanon and of the Middle East by upholding its past accomplishments in medical education, research, and service, while continuously seeking higher ground in all three.
- Significantly increase departmental teaching role in basic science
- Regional lead role in post-graduate medical education
- Recognition and accreditation by ACGME-ABIM
- Regional mission in translational research
- Leading center in select clinical research areas
- Serve the country and the region.
- Community service through: ◦National health problems (For example: AIDS, poliomyelitis, diabetes)
- National health policy (National societies, Order of Physicians)
- Export of training program to satellite facilities
- Volunteer Outreach Clinic