All Medical Students who have completed their Basic Sciences Curriculum are eligible to apply for an elective at the American University of Beirut. Kindly check below the application and the list of requirements.
- Visiting students can participate in medical programs that are in progress. Special programs cannot be devised to suit special requirements by the student or their sponsors. Participation in clerkship educational and training activity should not impose any liability on the Faculty of Medicine.
- Application process: Available clerkships are assigned on first-come first-served basis. Application will not be processed until completed form is received including applicant’s transcript of record and $50 non-refundable processing fee. Upon acceptance into a clerkship rotation, a clerkship fee of $ 50 will be collected.
- Tuition fee: The Faculty of Medicine does not impose a tuition fee for the clerkship of visiting students if the duration of stay is eight weeks or less. Students who wish to spend more than eight weeks will be subject to payment of tuition fees equivalent to US$ 3,000 for each additional four weeks.
- Visiting students must wear white gowns on the floors. Visiting students should provide their own gowns.
- In case of acceptance, lodging and boarding will be at your own expense. You may be accommodated in the university student housing facility (but priority goes to AUB students). The daily fee for the rooms in the students' residence halls can be viewed by following this link under Guest Policy (2):
http://www.aub.edu.lb/SAO/housing/Documents/GUEST-POLICY.pdf. Those students who want to use the university housing facility, should secure medical insurance coverage as an essential requirement for any period exceeding one week. If you plan to use the university student housing facility, you are urged to notify the Office of Student Affairs at least two weeks prior to your arrival in Beirut. Food may be purchased at the Medical Center cafeteria.
- Application material should be sent to:
American University of Beirut,
Faculty of Medicine, Office of the Dean,
Assistant for Medical Student Affairs
P.O. Box: 11-0236, Riad El-Solh, Beirut 1107 2020, LEBANON
Fax: 961 1 744 489
Application for Visiting Medical Students
List of Electives offered
List of Requirements:
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement emphasizing the student’s interest in Emergency Medicine and what it is about the students profile that would compel us to accept their application
- Transcript of grades for all years spent in medical school
- United States Medical Licensing Examination step results (if available)
Payment Methods Payment could be made through:
Bank Name : CITIBANK, N.A
Bank Branch : BERYTUS Parks
Bank Address : BERYTUS Parks BCD, Reg. No. 69781 BDL 115, P.O. Box 11-1535 Beirut - Lebanon
Account Name : American University of Beirut
Bank Account Number USD : 600224174
IBAN : LB72 0115 0000 0000 0006 0022 4174
Bank Account Number LBP : 600224042
IBAN : LB47 0115 0000 0000 0006 0022 4042
Description : fees for an application to elective at AUB Faculty of Medicine (write the name of the concerned person).
2.Cash money (only when it is made directly in AUB/AUBMC cashier’s offices, in person, or in proxy).