Otolaryngology Residency Program Committees
Clinical Competency Committee
This committee is responsible for the evaluation of the residents’ performance. It conducts regular meetings to review the progress of every resident in the program. This committee has an advisory role for the program director, it considers all written rotational and other evaluations, and discusses any non-congruence between written evaluations and their experiences with each resident
Program Evaluation Committee
This committee is responsible for Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the educational activities of the program. It is responsible for the evaluation of the curriculum, including clinical experiences, didactics and conferences, and other opportunities to achieve expected competence. It reviews the program annually using confidential evaluations by faculty and residents.
Orthodontics Residency Program Committees
Academic and Admissions Committee
- Schedule the annual entrance exam for the Master of Science in Orthodontics and the residency of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Review the files of the candidates and decide on their eligibility to take the entrance exam.
- Prepare, give, correct the entrance examination, and decide accordingly on acceptance of residents.
- Review research proposals for the MS in Orthodontics thesis
- Coordinate the research activities of the residents and faculty
- Review the IRB applications before submission
- Review and decide on the time table for research and thesis defense for residents in fulfillment of the research requirements for the Master of Science in Orthodontics.
- Discuss, promote and oversee participation of residents at dental conferences.
Continuing Dental Education Committee (C-DEC)
The tasks of this committee include:
- Coordinate and oversee all the continuing education activities of the division.
- Schedule the yearly scientific activities.
- Coordinate CE activities with AUBMC’s central CME office, and interact with outside organizations (dental schools, the Lebanese Dental Association).
- Adhere to the ADA CERP CE guidelines for CE providers.
- Discussing, reviewing and updating the postgraduate orthodontic curriculum.
- Preparing the annual academic schedule for the division.
- Evaluate the content of the different courses to ascertain current updates and innovation, and prevent overlaps between courses.
- Advise on the general trends of research within the division.
- Advise residents on courses needed for their research
Clinical Affairs Committee
- Monitor the patient population of each resident.
- Review clinical requirements prior to graduation, and make sure that the resident’s portfolio of malocclusion and procedures includes all categories.
- Oversee the patient transfer process for unfinished treatments by the graduating residents.
- Review systematically the availability of products and instruments in the clinic.
- Evaluate the performance and progress of residents clinically