The “Hamdan Voice and Swallowing Unit” is the first unit in the Middle East to provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for various voice and swallowing disorders.
A highly skilled team specialized in vocal art and medicine offers a comprehensive voice evaluation in addition to a wide range of in-office surgical procedures to treat various vocal disorders, be it organic or functional.
“Voice... A sign of health and wellbeing...”
The mission of the “Hamdan Voice and Swallowing Unit” is to remain at the forefront in the provision of care to patients with voice and swallowing complaints, to foster multidisciplinary programs and to advance research in the field of voice care and laryngology.
Our vision is to be the leaders in the field of voice care and swallowing by offering patient-centered innovative services.
Who can benefit from this unit?
If you experience any of the following symptoms, you are advised to visit Hamdan Voice and Swallowing Unit:
- A change in voice quality for more than two weeks duration
- Vocal fatigue at the end of the day; change in vocal pitch, loudness and timbre
- You are not easily heard by people around you
- You have a foreign body sensation in the throat
- You feel tension in your throat
- You choke while eating
- Have difficulty swallowing
- Experience a chronic cough
- Digital Laryngeal Video-Endostroboscopy to study the behavior of the vocal fold cover.
- Fiberoptic Nasopharngoscopy and Laryngoscopy for assessment of laryngeal biomechanics
- I-Scan similar to Narrow Band Imaging for early detection of precancerous lesions /masses.
- Spectro-Acoustic Analysis and airflow measures for extracting the salient features of speech and voice.
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Office-based Injection laryngoplasty for the treatment of vocal fold bowing, paresis, paralysis and scarring
- Office-based Laser therapy for the treatment of vocal fold polyps, nodules, cysts and premalignant lesions
- Office-based Steroid injection for the treatment of inflammatory lesions of the vocal folds
- Office-based Botulinum toxin injection for the treatment of laryngeal movement disorders
- Office-based Botulinum toxin injection for the treatment of vocal process granuloma
- Office-based biopsy of vocal folds suspicious lesions
Surgeries performed in the operating room
- Suspension micro-laryngoscopy and microflap excision of benign vocal fold lesions
- Laser ablation therapy for benign and pre-malignant vocal fold lesions
- Laser endoscopic treatment of early laryngeal tumor
- Thyroplasty for the treatment of unilateral vocal fold paralysis
- Laryngeal framework surgery for the treatment of the elderly voice, pitch alteration
- Lateralization procedures for the treatment of bilateral vocal fold paralysis
- Partial laryngectomies
- Reconstructive laryngeal surgeries
- Passing through post-menopause
- Swallowing problems