Provides, state of the art, audiological test procedures (pure-tone audiometry, tympanometry, oto-acoustic emissions, evoked response audiometry, vestibular evoked myogenic potentials).
Provides state of the art vestibular test procedures
- Computerized Dynamic Posturography(CDP)
- Video Head Impulse Test (vHIT)
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential(VEMP))
Cochlear Implantation Program
A comprehensive program including a team of experts ( implant surgeons, audiologists, speech therapists, psychologists) that handle patients from the time of diagnosis up until termination of auditory and speech rehabilitation and beyond.
Middle Ear Implantation Program
A team of implant surgeons and audiologists that perform middle ear implantation for various middle and inner ear disease conditions.
Skull Base Program
Performs a wide variety of complex skull base pathologies in collaboration with neurosurgeons and neurologists.
Neonatal Hearing Screening Program
The program has been pioneered by the Division and annually screens thousands of newborns for hearing deficits.
Members of the Division are actively involved in all aspects of basic and clinical research in otology-Neurotology supported by a team of qualified research assistants and an active Institutional Review Board. Residents and fellows are involved in all research projects.
- Didactic course lectures on all aspects of otology-neurotology given biannually by attending otologists to interested faculty, fellows, residents and medical students of the Department of Otolaryngology-HNS.
- A formal temporal bone dissection course given annually to residents of the Department and soon to visiting participants.
- Monthly, otology conference/journal club
- Ongoing monitoring on surgical cases in the operating rooms
- Courses, lectures and talks by faculty members of the Division to otolaryngologists and other physicians in Lebanon and the Region as well as participation at national community talks for education of the public.
- Active participation in National ENT Society meetings