AUBMC is an academic medical center dedicated to the passionate pursuit of improving the health of the community in Lebanon and the region through the delivery of exceptional and comprehensive quality care to our patients, excellence in education and training, and leadership in innovative research.
The mission of the Department of Surgery is to provide the best patient care delivery, education and research, and support its faculty members to maintain their pacesetting role in the delivery of state-of-the-art surgical healthcare to the patients of Lebanon and the region.
In alignment with the AUBMC 2020 vision, the Department of Surgery’s vision is to:
- Develop the best surgical units / programs / multidisciplinary centers of excellence in Lebanon and the region.
- Have Medical Student Education and Surgical Residency Training programs comparable to the best in the USA / Europe.
- Provide graduating residents with an internationally recognized certificate at the completion of training.
- Establish a platform for valuable research that reflects skills existing at AUBMC or on unique pathologies in the Middle East.
- Provide a healthy work environment within the department and in AUBMC.
- Put the Department of Surgery at AUBMC back on the USA/ International map.