I. Eligibility Requirements:
Residents can apply to GME Fellowship programs at AUBMC if they:
1. On Application & Required Documents:
Applicants wishing to apply to GME Residency Programs need to:
Access the application form (Application for Graduate Medical Education during the month of November from November 2nd, 2020 till November 25th, 2020)
- Fill the online application sections
- Upload the following documents to the online application:
- Photocopy of ID
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of Social Security Number if the applicant is a US-Citizen/Green-Card Holder
- Passport size photo
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of license to practice Medicine from the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health (if applicable and required only from Lebanese citizens)
- Report or letter verifying that the resident have passed the specialty board certification (if applicable)
- Any required document not uploaded on the online application within the application period can be e-mailed the GME Office staff no later than
January 10, 2021.
- Personal statements describing interest in the sub-specialty and career plans. Such statements should be forwarded to the concerned programs and not through the GME Office. Kindly do not upload the personal statements with the required documents on the Online Application; instead make sure to e-mail it to them once called for an interview.
2. On Application Choices:
- Programs will be blinded on the applicants' choices.
- Applicants have the choice to apply to 2 fellowship training programs provided that they rank their choices. The ranking will be used in the matching process where the priority is for the first choice that will override the second choice (i.e. if an applicant is accepted in both choices, he/she will be automatically accepted in the 1st choice and dropped from the 2nd choice acceptance list)
- The GME office will not accept any changes in the application choices done after the submission of the online application.
3. On Application Process:
- After submitting the online application and required papers, the GME Office will be reviewing the applicants' submitted information.
- The GME personnel will be contacting the applicants if additional documents are needed.
- Applications of eligible applicants will be forwarded to the concerned program(s).
- Applicants may be invited for an interview in one or two programs.
- Each program will announce the selection results to the applicants after the GME Committee approval. Acceptance to any of the residency programs is highly competitive.
- Accepted applicants who accept the offered position and sign the letter of intent but later decide not to join the GME fellowship program will not be eligible to apply to any GME Program at AUB in the future.
- All newly accepted
international students to the residency program, must submit the
equivalence of the Lebanese BaccII and authenticate their Medicine degree in the Ministry of Education and Higher Education before enrolling. This is important to ensure a smooth procedure when notarizing the residency diplomas at a later stage. Clich
HERE for information on General Education certificates equivalence (equivalence of the Lebanese BaccII ) and
HERE for University certificates equivalences (MD).