The below 2 qualifying examinations are required from residents applying to the GME fellowship programs at AUB:
English Proficiency Examination
Applicants must show a level of proficiency in the English language by obtaining the minimum scores in any of the below exams:
Minimum Score in English Language Proficiency Requirements (ELPR) |
TOEFL (Computer Based) ||230 |
TOEFL (Paper Based) ||573 |
TOEFL (Internet Based) ||88 |
IELTS – Academic (British Council) ||7.0 |
Applicants exempted from sitting for English Proficiency Exam|
- AUB graduates
- AUB residents
- Graduates who completed both their Bachelor's & MD degrees at University of Balamand
- Graduates who completed both their Bachelor's & MD degrees at Lebanese American University
- Graduates of recognized colleges or universities in North America, Great Britain, Australia, and New Zealand
English Exam Validity Period ||Two years |
- Applicants can register for the above English Exams at the concerned centers and not through GME Office.
Fellowship Admission Examination
Applicants interested in applying to the fellowship programs at the AUB GME Office are required to sit for an examination that reflects their residency knowledge.
Applicants exempted from sitting for Fellowship Admission Examination|
- AUB residents
- Applicants with any board certification
- Applicants to Ophthalmology fellowship programs provided that they have board certification or have passed the International Council of Ophthalmology Examinations
IFOM Fellowship Admission Examination ||Applicants to Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics and Surgery fellowship programs are offered this exam at GME once a year|
Departmental Fellowship Admission Examination||Applicants to Anesthesiology and Diagnostic Radiology fellowship programs are offered this exam at GME once a year|
IFOM & Departmental Fellowship Admission Exams Validity Period ||Two years |
- Applicants to Ophthalmology fellowship programs who have passed the international Council of Ophthalmology Examinations need to upload the report(s) to the online application or to e-mail the documents to the GME Office by January 10, 2020.
On Registration for the Fellowship Admission Exams:
Residents who do not have board certification are required to register at the GME Office for the Fellowship Admission Exam. They need to:
- Pass by the GME Office after submitting the online GME application
- Bring a passport size, colored photograph
- Pay the Fellowship Admission Examination registration fee
Get the examination registration slip from the GME Office.
- The non-refundable examination fees can be paid by cash at AUBMC Cashier's Office after getting the examination charge codes' paper from the GME Office. Please do not send cash in mail. If applicant can't pay the money by cash, please contact the
GME Office to arrange for Wire Transfer.
Applicants will get detailed information on the examination venue and rules by e-mail at least 3 days before the exam.
2019 Fellowship Admission Exam Dates at AUB:
Deadline for registration for Fellowship Admission Exam at GME Office||
Date of Fellowship Admission Exam at GME Office|
|November 25, 2019|| December 14, 2019|
Fellowship Admission Exam Fees at AUB:
Fees for Academic Year 2020-2021|
|Fellowship Admission Exam||$50|