I. Online Application:
1. On Application & Required Documents:
Applicants wishing to apply to GME Residency Programs need to:
Access the application form (Application for Graduate Medical Education during the month of November from November 4 till November 25, 2022)
- Fill the online application sections
- Upload the following documents to the online application and match them to the checklist at end of application by November 25, 2022.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Score report(s) of IFOM BSE and/or IFOM CSE (if applicable)
- Transferring residents need to upload the below to the "Other documents if any":
- A release letter from the Program Director if the resident is enrolled in a categorical track program
- A letter of verification of previous residency educational experiences from the Program Director stating the resident's current standing, list of completed rotations, summative competency-based performance evaluation, and procedural/operative experience. Please click here for more details on the required verification letter.
- Eligible applicants to the some of the residency programs such as Emergency Medicine, Neurology, and Psychiatry will be asked for a personal statement describing their interest in the specialty and career plans. Such statements should be forwarded to the concerned programs upon request and not through the GME Office. Kindly do not upload the personal statements with the required documents on the Online Application; instead make sure to e-mail it to them once called for an interview.
2. On Application Choices:
- Programs will be blinded on the applicants' choices.
- Applicants have the choice to apply to 2 residency training programs provided that they rank their choices. The ranking will be used in the matching process where the priority is for the first choice that will override the second choice (i.e. if an applicant is accepted in both choices, he/she will be automatically accepted in the 1st choice and dropped from the 2nd choice acceptance list).
- The GME office will not accept any changes in the application choices done after the submission of the online application.
3. On Application Process:
- After submitting the online application and required papers, the GME Office will be reviewing the applicants' submitted information.
- The GME personnel will be contacting the applicants if additional documents are needed.
- Applications of eligible applicants will be forwarded to the concerned program(s).
- Applicants may be invited for an interview in one or two programs.
- Each program will announce the selection results to the applicants after the GME Committee approval.
- Accepted applicants who accept the offered position and sign the letter of intent but later decide not to join the GME Programs will not be eligible to apply to any GME Program at AUB in the future.
All newly accepted
international students to the residency program, must submit the
equivalence of the Lebanese BaccII and authenticate their Medicine degree in the Ministry of Education and Higher Education before enrolling. This is important to ensure a smooth procedure when notarizing the residency diplomas at a later stage. Clich
HERE for information on General Education certificates equivalence (equivalence of the Lebanese BaccII ) and
HERE for University certificates equivalences (MD).
Application deadlines and important dates for Academic Year 2022-2023 are:
Latest Deadline to submit USMLE or English Proficiency Exam scores or any other pending application document||
Decision Notification Date|
|November 4, 2022||November 25, 20212||January 20, 2023||by end of April 2023|
For further inquiries and clarifications, please check our FAQs and do not hesitate to contact us at the Office of Graduate Medical Education.