Our mission is to offer patients and families with
innovative high quality of care; conduct clinical and basic
research in the pathogenesis of lung fibrosis, and
educate patients, their families, the community and the health care providers about the interstitial lung diseases and its impact on health and wellbeing of patients.
Hamdi Al Zaim (Zaim ILD ) ILD Outpatient Center team seeks to advance the ability to diagnose, monitor disease progression, and discover new therapies through collaboration with world ILD centers and with the utilization of clinical and research skills.
The Zaim ILD Center at AUBMC is also dedicated to train future clinicians and researchers in the fields of interstitial lung diseases. These efforts are in line with AUBMC’s vision to place AUBMC as the leading academic center in the region for the investigation and therapy of Interstitial Lung Diseases.
- Provide a specialist multi-disciplinary service for ILD diagnosis
- Initiate appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment for individuals with ILD
- Reduce morbidity and mortality due to ILD, including reducing hospitalization
- Ensure equity of access to specialized therapies for all patients with ILD in Lebanon
- Identify individuals who are lung transplant recipient
- Enable integration of clinical services with clinical trials and translational research to ensure ongoing developments in the care of individuals with these rare diseases
- Raise standards of care for patients with ILD so as to improve prognosis and reduce disease and treatment related morbidity
- Offer patient centered assessment and management regarding the disease complications and organ specific problems associated with certain ILDs
- Provide equitable access to specialist therapies
- Develop and share national ILD protocols and guidelines
- Ensure local clinical teams are provided with management guidelines, and have access to specialist advice when needed
- Provide national forum to discuss difficult management decisions
- Minimize the disease impact of ILDs on the patient and their family life and work practice
- Improve awareness and management of ILD within Lebanon by education and provision of an excellent service
- Ensure equitable patient access to related services e.g. pre-lung transplant evaluation, pulmonary hypertension services, end-of life palliative care input etc..