The Hariri School of Nursing (HSON) offers a one-year online Diploma in Nursing Administration and Management.
The program is very convenient for working nurses who desire to enhance their administrative skills to possibly obtain a nursing management position in hospitals or primary health care settings.
This education opportunity will help you gain a “stand-alone” Graduate Diploma or can serve as a "step up" to a Master of Science in Nursing Administration at HSON.
Offered fully online, it will support the unique needs of working nurses, who wants to advance their career while continuing to work full time.
- BSN degree or its equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
- GPA of at least 2.7, with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2 in nursing major courses.
- Satisfactory scores on the English Entrance Exam (EEE) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), as per AUB admission requirements for graduate studies.
- License to practice nursing from country of residence.
- One year of work experience in nursing
Who Should Apply?
- BSN nurses seeking a post-bachelor’s qualification leading to a potential MSN
- MSN graduates of other tracks (e.g. adult care) who are seeking administrative positions and want to get administrative competencies without having to invest in a second MSN degree.
The online diploma requires 13 graduate credits. These credits include five concentration courses (12cr) and a practicum (1cr)
Students can register 6 credits per semester and finish in one year
|Term||Course Number||Course Title||Credit hrs|
|Fall||NURS 507||Essentials of Nursing Administration and Management||2|
|||NURS 531||Practical Applications of Budgeting in Nursing||1|
|||NURS 520||Managing Quality with Teams||3|
|Spring||NURS 525||Leadership Theories and Applications for Nurse Managers||3|
|||NURS 533||Advanced Health and Nursing Informatics||3|
|Summer||NURS 508A||Residency in Nursing Administration||1|