CENTER FOR NURSING RESEARCH
The scope of nursing research encompasses clinical research, health systems and outcomes research, and nursing education research.
Clinical research, which includes translational research, provides the scientific basis for the care of individuals across the life span. The scope of clinical research ranges from acute to chronic care experiences; health promotion and preventive care, restoration, rehabilitation, to end-of-life care; and care of individuals, families, and communities.
Health systems and outcomes research examine the availability, quality, and costs of health care services as well as ways to improve the effectiveness and appropriateness of clinical practice.
Nursing education research focuses on how students learn the professional evidence-based practice and discipline of nursing.
To facilitate excellence in faculty and student research by offering programs and resources to support the development, submission, conduct, and dissemination of research.
The mission of CNR is to provide the resources, and to facilitate research collaborations among faculty, students, and practicing nurses to maximize nursing and multidisciplinary research, and ensure evidence-based nursing practice.
The Hariri School of Nursing Center of Nursing Research at the American University of Beirut will lead and advance nursing research and evidence-based practice in Lebanon, the region, and beyond.
Objectives of the center are to:
- Foster a nursing research culture in Lebanon and the region.
- Build faculty capacity to develop, conduct, and disseminate nursing research.
- Promote the development, conduct, and dissemination of nursing research.
- Support interprofessional research collaboration at the institutional, national, regional, and international levels.
- Model scientific integrity and research ethics.
- Facilitate translation of knowledge into nursing practice.