The School of Nursing, founded in 1905, was the first nursing school in the Middle East. The five-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, established in 1936, was replaced in 1964 by a four-year program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Students entering the school as sophomores graduate in three calendar years. A two-year associate degree in the nursing program was established in 1980 and discontinued in 1984. Until 1978, the school was one of the components of the Faculties of Medical Sciences. In 1978, it became a division in the Faculty of Health Sciences. In 1982, its status as a school was restored and placed within the Faculty of Medicine. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is registered by the Department of Education of New York State, HEGIS code 1203.00.
The Rafic Hariri School of Nursing was inaugurated on February 19, 2009 after AUB Trustee PM Saad Hariri pledged $10 million to name and endow the Rafic Hariri School of Nursing. The old Alumni building which is in the vicinity of AUBMC for the Rafic Hariri School of Nursing has been renovated and houses the Rafic Hariri School of Nursing since Fall 2009-10.
For more: Click here