Start time: Immediately
Deadline for application: February 7, 2022
Position: The AUB Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI), is looking for an Administrative Assistant (Research Assistant Contract) to support the Director of the Institute in all administrative tasks and coordinate the Institute’s facilities and maintenance requests.
Contract duration: 1 year
- Supports the Director of the Institute in all administrative tasks, including setting up meetings, filing, typing documents, maintaining contact information, and general communications support;
- Handles incoming calls to the reception desk and to the office of the Director;
- Schedules outside meetings for the Director, including coordinating dates and times, and transportation;
- Facilitates logistical requests from the Director, and other Institute staff, including receiving guests and organizing transportation;
- Facilitates financial transactions using Oracle system and supports the Financial Officer when needed;
- Maintains all office supplies and keeps inventory of materials;
- Coordinates with university facilities and maintenance departments regarding any building maintenance calls and requests;
- Coordinates communication with university offices/departments such as the controllers and budget offices that have regular communication with the Institute;
- Prepares invoices, memos, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, and access database software.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, or in social sciences;
- At least two years administrative experience;
- Excellent computer skills, including experience in financial management systems;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is required.
Applicants must send their CV, a cover letter, and two references with their contact information to Mrs. Yara Mourad (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Director at IFI, no later than February 7, 2022, with the subject, “Administrative Assistant”.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.