The AUB Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI) is looking for a proactive and experienced individual to take the position of “Communications Officer" (Research Assistant Contract) on a full-time basis as part of IFI's communications office.
The Communications Officer's main responsibility is to support the communications team in events organization and publications dissemination, as well as help manage, update, and maintain IFI's website and other digital platforms.
The IFI's communications team is responsible of setting up and implementing the Institute's communications strategy with aim of increasing the outreach of the Institute's knowledge production and events, while maintaining the Institute's brand identity, and generally contributing to the overall visibility of the Institute. The Communications Officer will perform a wide range of basic communications activities.
Period: 1 year
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Starting Date: Immediately
- Principal Responsibilities
- Supporting in ensuring the appropriate dissemination of publications;
- Assisting in event planning;
- Maintaining IFI's website, blog, electronic newsletters, social media accounts, and other digitally produced material;
- Designing the website, generating and updating web pages and monitoring traffic through the site;
- Supporting the implementation of IFI's communications and digital media strategy across online media platforms;
- Monitoring and analyzing appropriate social media data/metrics, insights, and best practices to support continuous improvement;
- Writing, editing, and posting new web content on IFI's website;
- Providing support and backup as needed on social media posting and scheduling;
- Staying up to date on communications and digital industry standards and trends;
- Attending and covering the Institute's live events as applicable;
- Compiling and archiving photos, videos, media coverages, and documentation of all events and activities of IFI;
- Updating internal Sharepoint system;
- Offering administrative support to the communications team in tracking publications pipeline and following up with freelancers and suppliers according to deadlines;
- Assisting communications coordinators in organizing events, and other activities;
- Updating databases and media lists;
- Assisting the Communications Manager in other relevant tasks, including providing administrative support when necessary.
- Experience with Content Management System platforms (such as WordPress) and HTML expertise;
- Expertise in Adobe suite;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms;
- Proficiency in social media monitoring tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Keyhole, and other);
- Proficiency in email marketing platforms (e.g., Benchmark, Mailchimp similar tools)
- Familiarity with online marketing techniques like search engine optimization (SEO);
- Experience in producing and editing video content is a plus;
- Detail oriented and with good time management and organizational skills;
- Team-oriented, problem solver, relationship builder, and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced, often rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to be pro-active, independent, and efficient.
- BA in Media studies, journalism, communications, or other related field. MA is a plus;
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications and digital media, in a publishing or media outlet, PR agency, university or NGO;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, with fluency in English and Arabic; French is a plus.
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and the names of three references with full contact information to Communications Manager Ms. Suzanne El Houssari, no later than March 15, with the subject, "Communications Officer."
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.