Refugee Research and Policy Program
The Refugee Research and Policy Program at the AUB Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI) is seeking to recruit a full-time Research Assistant (RA), for a period of 1 year. The RA will be actively involved in coordination and research activities across a variety of projects that the program is involved in.
Period: 1 year
Deadline: March 15, 2022
- About the Refugee Research and Policy Program
The Refugee Research and Policy Program aims to collect, support, and initiate research relevant to refugees – whether Syrian, Palestinian, Iraqi, or others. The program bridges existing knowledge gaps about refugee issues in the Arab world by disseminating the regional experiences of Middle Eastern governments and addressing policy problems within their regional and global context. Thus, the objective of this program is to strengthen research, analysis, and information sharing from a local, regional, and global perspective, particularly with respect to issues pertaining to refugees and internally displaced persons.
- Principal Responsibilities
The researcher will have an important role to play in the successful implementation of the program projects and activities through a variety of responsibilities including:
- Assist in desktop research and literature reviews related to the project;
- Conduct interviews, Arabic or English;
- Assist in data entry, including transcription, translation (from Arabic to English) in a timely manner;
- Assist research team in data analysis;
- Assist with the organization of meetings, workshops, lectures, and conferences;
- Keep records of all relevant documents (hard and soft copies);
- Assist the lead investigator and project coordinator in other relevant tasks, including providing administrative support when necessary;
- Coordinate project activities with a network of partners and collaborators.
- Master's degree in social sciences or a relevant field. Candidates with a bachelor's degree with relevant research experience will also be considered;
- Minimum of two years work experience required;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must (spoken, read and written). Prior research experience in Arabic is a plus;
- Good administrative and organizational skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and efficiently;
- Easy mobility in all regions across Lebanon;
- Experience using NVivo, SPSS or other data analysis programs is a plus.
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and the names of three references with full contact information to Ms. Yara Mourad, no later than March 15, with the subject, "Research Assistant- Refugee Research and Policy Program."
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.