Climate Change and Environment Program
Starting date: August 2021
Deadline for application: August 23, 2021
The Climate Change and Environment Program at IFI is looking for a full-time Research Assistant for a duration of three months. The Research Assistant will be actively involved in coordination and research activities across multiple projects that the program is implementing.
About the Climate Change and Environment Program
The Climate Change and Environment Program at the Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs is seeking to recruit a full-time Researcher starting July 1, 2020. The Climate Change and Environment program (CC&E) was launched in 2008 as part of the Issam Fares Institute's (IFI) strategy of utilizing the American University of Beirut’s (AUB) significant research and analytical capabilities to inform and guide public policy-making in the Arab world. The program is currently implementing multiple projects on climate change and water governance, climate change and conflict, water-energy- and food security nexus, climate change and cities among others.
- Principal Responsibilities
The researcher will have an important role to play in the successful implementation of the program projects and activities through a variety of responsibilities including:
- Conduct desktop research and literature reviews on various related topics;
- Work on developing benchmarked indicators;
- Prepare for public events, discussions and meetings;
- Conduct field research as needed such as interviews with stakeholders and surveys;
- Monitor technical and financial activities of projects as requested by the Program Director;
- Prepare financial and technical reports;
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities;
- Coordinate with concerned AUB departments and partners as needed.
- A master’s degree in environmental sciences, environmental policy, development studies, natural resources management, or a relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience;
- Previous experience in coordinating EU-funded projects a major plus;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must (spoken, read, and written);
- Proficiency in writing reports and papers;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good administrative and organizational skills;
- Good qualitative and quantitative analytical skills;
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently, and efficiently.
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and the names of three references with full contact information to Manale Abou Dagher (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than August 23, with the subject, “Research Assistant- CC Program”.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.