The Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) is looking for a proactive and experienced individual to take the position of “Digital Media Coordinator” on a full-time basis as part of IFI’s Communications office.
The Digital Media Coordinator’s main responsibility is to manage, update, and maintain IFI’s website and other digital platforms, as well as to support the communications team in events organization and publications dissemination.
Starting Date: Immediate Opening
Deadline: Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- Developing and maintaining IFI’s website, blog, electronic newsletters, social media accounts, and other digitally produced material;
- Designing the website, generating and updating web pages and monitoring traffic through the site;
- Supporting the implementation of IFI’s communications and digital media strategy across online media platforms;
- Monitoring and analyzing appropriate social media data/metrics, insights, and best practices to support continuous improvement;
- Writing, editing, and posting new web content on IFI’s website;
- Providing support and backup as needed on social media posting and scheduling;
- Staying up to date on communications and digital industry standards and trends;
- Attending and covering the Institute’s live events as applicable;
- Compiling and archiving photos, videos, media coverages, and documentation of all events and activities of IFI;
- Updating internal Sharepoint system.
- Assist the Communications Manager in other relevant tasks, including providing administrative support when necessary.
- Experience with Content Management System platforms (such as WordPress) and HTML expertise;
- Expertise in Adobe suite;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms;
- Proficiency in social media monitoring tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Keyhole, and other);
- Proficiency in email marketing platforms (e.g., Benchmark, Mailchimp similar tools)
- Familiarity with online marketing techniques like search engine optimization (SEO);
- Experience in producing and editing video content is a plus;
- Detail oriented and with good time management and organizational skills;
- Team-oriented, problem solver, relationship builder, and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced, often rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to be pro-active, independent, and efficient.
- BA in Media studies, journalism, communications, or other related field;
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications and digital media, in a publishing or media outlet, PR agency, university or NGO;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, with fluency in Arabic and English required.
How to Submit
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and the names of two references with full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 20, 2020, with the subject, “Digital Media Coordinator”.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.