The Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI), is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Research Assistant (RA) with strong quantitative and analytical skills to work on a joint project that investigates the future pathways for better energy governance in Lebanon, in collaboration with University College London (UCL).
The project will map the future of Electricite Du Liban (EDL), and the electricity national public utility. More specifically, it will tackle the future structure of EDL to provide a more reliable, secure, smarter, competitive, and flexible transmission and distribution systems required to meet the challenges of the energy transition.
Duration: Short-term (5 months)
Deadline: Friday, October 16, 2020
The research assistant will have an important role to play in the successful completion of this study through a variety of activities that are listed, but not restricted to those, below:
- Conduct desktop research and literature reviews;
- Draft summaries of findings, and assist with preparation and writing of publications;
- Assist in organizing, preparing, and conducting interviews;
- Support research data gathering and conduct quantitative analysis;
- Support in organizing consultation meetings and workshops;
- Act as a link between UCL and IFI and coordinate activities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MA in Public Administration/Economics/Energy studies or relevant field preferred;
- Previous research experience in the energy sector;
- Experience in working in and/or with EDL, and/or other public institutions preferred;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to be pro-active, independent, and efficient.
How to Submit
Applications should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org and include: a cover letter, CV, writing sample, names and contacts of two references no later than Friday, October 16th 2020.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.