Papers were sought for the 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Efficient Building Design—Materials and HVAC Equipment Technologies. The conference presented advanced research on the topics of advanced building and bioclimatic designs for attaining occupant comfort and good environmental quality addressing systems and technologies adapted to the Arab region in both moderate and hot humid climates.
The conference, organized by ASHRAE, the ASHRAE Lebanese Chapter, the Munib and Angela Masri Institute of Energy and Natural Resources, and the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the American University of Beirut, took place on October 4-5, 2018 at AUB, Beirut, Lebanon.
The International Conference on Efficient Building Design included several keynote presentations from experts and professionals in the field.
To learn more about the keynotes, click here.
To view the keynotes' schedule, click here.
Click here to download the guide
Parallel to the conference, ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) courses was offered for participants to register and perform training.
The conference topics included:
- Alternative Energy Use in Buildings
- Enegy Efficiency, Comfort, and Climate
- Energy Conservation Strategies I
- Indoor Air Quality and Thermal Comfort
- Modeling, Simulation, and Standards
- Industrial Sessions
- Heat Recovery and Applications
- Energy Conservation Strategies II
Executive Organizing Committee
- Chakroun, Walid, (KU)
- Elassad, Bassam (ASHRAE Life Member and Past Regional Chair for Europe)
- El Bitar, Ahmed, (President, Lebanese ASHRAE Chapter)
- Ghaddar, Nesreen, (Conference Chair, AUB)
- Ghali, Kamel (AUB)
- Giometti, Tony (Senior Manager of Conference Programs)
- Moukalled, Fadl (AUB)
- Traboulsi, Samir (AUB, FEA, Alumni Chapter)