The courses are completely online and you can access as per your own schedule. You will listen to the lecture/s per week and do associated assignments on Moodle.
2-Who do I contact regarding my specialization and course load?
You can contact your Academic advisors who are the following:Concentration in Energy
Dr. Nesreen Ghaddar (AUB) Email firstname.lastname@example.org Phone +961350000 ext 3549Concentration in Water
Dr. Hadi Jaafar (AUB) Email email@example.com Phone +961350000 ext 4570Concentration in Buildings
Dr. Issam Srour (AUB) Email firstname.lastname@example.org Phone +961350000 ext 3491
3- If I am currently enrolled in another program or diploma, will I be able to apply to the Pro-Green Diploma?
Yes, the program is independent of the regular master's programs or diploma. The credits you earn for the online diploma are not transferable to the master's degree or diploma; hence, it allows you to register for either independently. This is similar to taking continuing education courses. You will have a separate ID for the diploma that identifies you as an online learner different than your regular master's or undergraduate ID.
4-In terms of credits per semester, is there a minimum and maximum credit load?
The limit for credits is 9 per semester. There is no limit on the minimum credit you can take per semester. Since the degree is for part-time students as well, you can register 5 credits or 3 credits. The average load is supposed to be 5 or 6 credits.
5-What is the maximum allowed length of my study?
The maximum allowed length to complete the Pro-Green Diploma is 3 years.
6- Do I have to create an ID?
No, it is not necessary to create an ID. The ID will only allow you access to campus and Jafet Library until the last day of classes. Alternatively, you have free access to the online library without the need to issue an AUB ID.
7- How can issue an AUB ID?
To issue the ID, you will solely need to provide the ID Center a receipt of the tuition fee as evidence that you are a registered student for that specific term.
8-How do I access the online library?
You can access the online library by clicking the following link http://www.aub.edu.lb/ulibraries/Pages/index.aspx
The link accessed is public and doesn’t require a username and password. Accessing the e-resources from On-Campus doesn’t require authentication as well. However, you should be prompted to enter your credentials (AUBnet account without prefix or suffix, and password) when you access the e-resources from Off-Campus. (http://aub.edu.lb.libguides.com/az.php)
To access the university library resources, you must have an AUBnet account. To activate your AUBnet Account, please click on the following link after completion of your registration https://myaccount.aub.edu.lb/Home/AcceptCodeOfConduct?ReturnUrl=%2fActivateAccount%2fActivateAccount%2fStudent
If you still encounter any technical problems while activating your AUBnet account, please contact the IT Help Desk at the following email address: email@example.com
If you encounter any issues while accessing the e-resources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To get immediate help with your questions and research papers, you may ask a Librarian by chatting online http://aub.edu.lb.libguides.com/c.php?g=276457&p=1843059 or by other means on the following link http://aub.edu.lb.libguides.com/c.php?g=276457&p=1843059
9-Can I transfer my Pro-Green credits to an MS or PhD program?
So far no decision has been made regarding the possibility of transferring Pro-Green credits to the MS or PhD program because Pro-Green courses are offered online and focus on applications. This is a new initiative at AUB that requires further study to possibly develop means for transferring some credits.
10-If I have a problem with any of the following, whom do I contact?
You may send an email to email@example.com
or call +96135 00 00 ext 2575, 2570Moodle:
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For online payments, you may send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +9611350000 ext 4480/4482
For bank and cash payments, you may send an email to email@example.com or call +9611350000 ext 4480/4482
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +9611350000 ext 2260
18-Can I change my specialization in “My General Student Record”?
11-Would my diploma only carry the name of AUB when I graduate?
The diploma carries the names of all three institutions, and is signed by the Dean and Registrar of the institution through which you applied to.
12-Can i get an AUB alumni card once i graduate?
To be eligible for an AUB alumni card, you must have completed a minimum of 24 credits.
14-What is the English language requirement that I have to meet?
13-If I am an AUB graduate student and wish to manually pay for my Application fee at cashier, which AUB ID # do I use to submit my application?
You should only use your new ID that is attributed to your Application.
Your continuation in the Pro-Green Diploma after the first semester is conditional upon successfully completing the English Language Proficiency Requirements (ELPR). English requirements can be viewed in the table in the Admissions
section of the website.
15-How do I register for the EEE?
To register for the EEE, you can call +9611350000 extensions: 3130 and 3131. The schedule of the EEE can be found on the following link http://www.aub.edu.lb/oira/Pages/Testing.aspx
16-Who is exempted from the English requirement?
AUB, LAU, Balamand, and NDU graduates, and graduates from universities in which English is the native language may be exempt from this requirement.
17-Which university do I apply to: AUB, LAU or AUC?
It does not matter which university you will register at since all courses will be on a cloud server.
Yes, you can provided you have received prior acceptance to another specialization. You can change your specialization by calling us on 9611-350000 ext 4480/4482 or emailing us to email@example.com
19-If I chose one of the specializations, would I be able to take courses in the other two specializations as well?
You can take elective courses in the other two concentrations and the credits would count.
20-Am I able to have a double or triple specialization?
You can have a double or triple specialization. Courses for one concentration count as electives for the other. The minimum for the diploma is 18 credits for one concentration, 26 credits for double and 34 credits for a triple specialization.
21-If I am interested in having a double or triple specialization, how do I go about it?
Please refer to question number 18.
22-I do not have time to complete my course this term. Can I postpone the course and the tuition paid for the following term ?23- What happens after I receive an incomplete grade (I) on my course?
Postponing the course and the tuition payment for the following term will not be possible; however, you have two options:
- Complete 2/3 of the course requirements (assignments, quizzes) then it will be marked on your transcript as Incomplete instead of an F. This option will have to be discussed with your course instructors.
- Send an email requesting to withdraw at least two weeks prior to the final exam time. Transcript will be marked as W. If you choose to retake these courses, you will have to register once again and the amount paid will not be refunded.
If you have received an incomplete grade on your course, your grade will be automatically marked as an F in case you do not complete your remaining work within the first two weeks of the next term.
24-I want to drop my course but I missed the drop and add deadline. What can I do?
- If you haven’t accessed Moodle and not followed the course material since the start of the term, you will receive an email post the drop and add deadline stating that if you do not settle your payment within 24 hours then you will automatically be dropped.
- If you have accessed Moodle and followed the course material since the start of the term, you shall receive an email warning you that you will be withdrawn – failure to inform us about your status within 24 hours will result in an outstanding balance.
25-If I have to withdraw from my courses and do not want my grades to be affected, what can I do?
Withdraw two weeks prior to final exam time. Transcript will be marked as W. The amount paid will not be refunded and in case you wish to take the course again, you will have to pay the fees again.
26-I received an email that I have been registered in a webinar course but I am currently unable to register for the semester and webinar. What am I supposed to do?
The webinar course is only intended for students registered in that particular term.
27-How is the course delivered online? What online tools are used for delivering this course?
The courses are delivered via Moodle. It is an online platform that allows students to learn all the material virtually delivered by the instructor and connect virtually as well with other students in the same course. We provide students with a Moodle orientation once they are accepted and enrolled in the program.
28-When will courses be available on Moodle?
Courses will be available on Moodle for registered students on the first day of classes.
29-Why have I not received a Moodle username?
To receive a Moodle username, you should register first on AUBsis on the following link https://www-banner.aub.edu.lb/pls/weba/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage
You can find the guidelines to register on the following link http://www.aub.edu.lb/pro-green/Documents/Registration%20Guidelines.pdf
30-The program includes credits on lab sessions to be attended either in Lebanon or in Cairo; however I don’t live in either country, what can I do?
There are three lab sessions that are not virtual and these can be taken by students living abroad through TeamViewer; however, they are not mandatory and the diploma can be completed 100% online.
31-How do I hand in my assignments and submit my exams?
All courses will be completed online. The administration of final exams is online but they may depend on the instructor. If there is any exam on campus, you will know about it from the syllabus before you register. We do aim to have the degree completely online.
32-How much would the Pro-Green Diploma (18 credit program) cost? Are there any other fees?
The fee is $300/credit which would in total cost $5,400 for 18 credits. Yes, the other fees are the library fee which would allow you to access library resources that are online. In cases where software is needed, access to computational resources will also be available online.
33-If I am already registered as a regular AUB student, do I have to pay for IT and library fees for the Pro-Green program?
Yes, you would still have to pay the IT and library fees as the regular programs and online program are separate.
34-What are the methods of payments? Should we abide by the calendar payment deadline date?
Payments can be made by checks, bank transfer, cash or online. Kindly note that fees are issued in USD.Online Payment
- The fees can be paid online based on the scheduled calendar date by (11:59 pm) at the latest, on the following link https://pay.aub.edu.lbBank Transfer
- Print your web statement of fees. Ensure to add your ID and name on the transfer details to avoid rejecting the transfer. In addition, inform the bank that any intermediary bank charges will be charged to the sender. The net amount of the transfer should match the amount due.
CITIBANK, N.A. (Lebanon)
Bank Branch : BERYTUS Parks
Bank Address : BERYTUS Parks BCD, Reg. No. 69781 BDL 115
P.O. Box 11-1535 Beirut - Lebanon
Bank Account Number : 600224166 (for USD)
IBAN : LB94011500000000000600224166
Swift code : CITILBBE
Account Name : American University of BeirutCash
- For students who wish to pay cash, you can do so by getting your payment voucher from AUB cashier and paying at the following banks (BML, AUDI, BANKMED and BYBLOS) Bliss branches only. Payments made on the last day of payment should be made before 2:00 p.m. After 2:00 p.m. the bank would charge students a late payment fee of $100.
For students who wish to pay by check, print your web statement of fees, and issue the check to the order of the banks which names are shown on the statement of fees: BLOM, BANKMED, SGBL, ARAB Bank, AUDI S.A.L, BYBLOS, and BML (all branches), on the listed accounts below, according to the following format: "Pay to the order of (Bank Name) "
· AUDI SAL
· BML 35-To pay online, I am trying to log in with my AUBsis username and password but it isn't working. What should i do?
36-How do I print my web statement of fees?
- Make sure you have already activated your AUBnet account to access AUB SIS. To activate your AUBnet Account, please click on the following link after completion of your registration https://myaccount.aub.edu.lb/Home/AcceptCodeOfConduct?ReturnUrl=%2fActivateAccount%2fActivateAccount%2fStudent (If you still encounter any technical problems while activating your AUBnet account, please contact the IT Help Desk at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- After the AUBnet account is active, you may activate AUBsis by clicking on http://www.aub.edu.lb/main/academics/Pages/AUBsis.aspx and selecting “Login As Student”
- If both are activated and you are still experiencing problems paying online, please contact IT Help Desk at the following email address: email@example.com. During working hours, please contact: +961350000 ext. 2260.
37-Can I pay using my credit card at the Cashier?
- Make sure your AUBnet is activated
- Login AUBsis (Student Information System) by clicking on Login As Student
- Login using your email ID and email password
- Press Students Services
- Press Student Records
- Press Web Statement of Fees
- Print your statement and pay at the Bank
No cash or credit card payments can be made at AUB cashier.
38-Does the Pro-Green provide financial aid for this diploma?
Currently, no financial aid applies to this diploma.