January 3–18, 2020 at the American University of Beirut. Register before space runs out!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest, and we will send you an application.
Engineering Health Innovations for Human Wellbeing and Global Development
In a rapidly changing context fraught with conflict and a rise in the burden of disease, there is an ever-growing need for innovative, multidisciplinary solutions to emerging public health problems in the Arab region. The broad objective of the Humanitarian Engineering Initiative is to combine disciplinary methods to address global challenges, which is particularly important given rapid transitions in health in the region, and the urgency of meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Objectives of the Humanitarian Engineering Initiative
- Build the capacity of engineering students in designing solutions for social wellbeing, and of public health students in engineering design and methodologies
- Initiate collaborative research and/or service projects and applying for funding opportunities
- Establish international partnerships and collaborations
- Offer joint diplomas and/or certificates
- Organize national, regional and international forums or conference on current topics
- Generate joint intellectual property for AUB through patents or licenses