Maroun Semaan Faculty of Engineering and Architecture (MSFEA)
American University of Beirut
MSFEA seeks applications for a Program Manager, who under the direction of the Program Director will be responsible for delivering a differentiated program to market in line with the faculty's vision and strategy. The Program Manager is ultimately responsible for managing the program throughout its lifecycle – conception through end-of-life, specifically focusing on: (i) defining the program vision, strategy, and roadmap; (ii) gathering, managing, and prioritizing market / prospective students requirements; (iii) acting as the student advocate articulating the participant's needs; (iv) working closely with the program director, recruitment, marketing, and support to meet objectives.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of existing programs, identify competitive advantages, including competitive analysis and developing profiles of competitors
- Provide consultative services for assigned program to recruitment, business development, marketing communications, career management services, alumni relations, public relations on all aspects of program positioning
- Clearly articulate the program value proposition, marketing position and competitive advantages, contributing to recruitment, marketing communications, and public relations functions
- Along with Program Director act as program spokespersons providing in-depth insight to a wide array of external and internal clients
- Participate in the development and implementation of new programs and enhancements to current programs
- Participate in the planning, development, and execution of program distribution and recruitment strategy
- Develops, and updates program's positioning, competitive analysis, marketing strategy, calling tree and all marketing collateral
- Drives program marketing strategy with all needed stakeholders
- Plays an active role in recruitment to achieve program KPIs through set recruitment and enrollment strategies
- Identifies trends, and opportunities to increase enrollments
- Develops and reports on Marketing, recruitment, and enrollments financials in specific relation to marketing spend and ROI
- Manages program scope in planning, development, and execution. Works with various stakeholders to ensure a successful delivery of the program e.g. instructional designers, multi-media developers, AUB operations experts etc.
- Manages student lifecycle from admission and on-boarding all the way through graduation. Oversees updates on students-related registrar activities
- Remains student facing throughout the duration of the program
- Maintains relationship with students to increase student retention and ensure program completion
- Manages all communication with the participants e.g. mailers, running evaluation reports, following up on their completion of submittals
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a business or management related field
- More than 5 years of experience in management. An understanding of the marketing and sales cycle in the higher education context is a plus
- Commitment to outstanding levels of customer service, highly responsive and motivated
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, PPT. Knowledge in Moodle (or other Learning Management System) is a plus
- Knowledge of CRM systems is a plus
Interested applicants should send a brief cover letter explaining why they would like to join and a CV to email@example.com
by February 28, 2021. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Junior Research Engineer – Aerosol Research Lab (ARL)
Maroun Semaan Faculty of Engineering and ArchitectureAmerican University of Beirut
The Aerosol Research Laboratory seeks applications for a junior research engineer who will design, build, and customize tools and instruments that are used in tobacco control research in labs around the world. Main Duties:
- Designing, manufacturing, assembling, and testing instruments
- Providing technical support to our international research partners who are using these instruments
- Developing prototypes of new designs
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Experience with CAD software.
- Some experience in manufacturing/machining as well as digital fabrication.
- Knowledge of electronics and instrumentation is a plus.
- No previous experience in aerosol or tobacco smoke science or technology is required.
- Proficiency in technical English report writing is a must, as is a high degree of self-motivation, drive, and willingness to tackle the unknown.
The Aerosol Research Lab is an interdisciplinary group that focuses on producing policy-relevant science related to tobacco control and indoor and urban air pollution. Successful applicants will interface with other engineers, chemists, psychologists, biologists, health professionals, and policymakers.
Visit the ARL Website for more details regarding the work done.
Applicants should send a brief cover letter explaining why they would like to join the lab and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.