Spend a semester abroad at the region’s most forward-looking engineering and design school
The Maroun Semaan Faculty of Engineering and Architecture (MSFEA) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) is
situated on the shores of the
Mediterranean, in the heart of Beirut, and has at its doorstep the challenges of the Global South.
context of Lebanon and the region inspires the MSFEA community to
research solutions to some of the world’s most difficult and meaningful
problems—whether post-war reconstruction, managing chronic water scarcity, food
production for a heating planet, low-energy buildings, or restoring privacy in
a hyper-connected world. Make one of these challenges your own as a
study abroad student at MSFEA.
AUB is a globally connected university that welcomes international students from over 75 countries and encourages all its students to take advantage of opportunities to study abroad; encouraging and enabling them to gain a global perspective and to enjoy an enriching academic experience.Why Beirut?
- The friendliest people you will meet
- Everything is at a walking distance
- Great and affordable food
- Vibrant and exciting nightlife
- Exciting activities for all seasons
- Beautiful campus overlooking the Mediterranean Sea
- Numerous Student Clubs for various social and cultural student interests
- Departmental Student Societies for a livelier academic and social interaction
- Charles W. Hostler Student Center (CHSC), comprising health and fitness rooms, an indoor 25-meter swimming pool, a multi-use gymnasium, three basketball courts, two squash courts, student activity rooms, a refurbished track and Green Field, a 280-seat auditorium, and an internet room.
- University Sports Program, a wide range of sports activities and programs
- AUB Choir and Choral Society hosting a number of musical concerts and events
- AUB Outdoors, a major yearly Lebanese cultural event bringing people together from across the country
What can I study?
- A variety of clubs and student societies from all majors
- The best football team, competing against all other faculties
- LIVE Thursday, bi-weekly live music performed by MSFEA students
- Tastiest cafeterias catered by dwell and T-marbouta
- Cogs and Caffeine, the magazine that will keep you up to date on student-life at MSFEA
- State of the art advanced lab facilities: cutting, printing and other machinery for various usage (Ard TechLab, the red room, wood shop, metal shop, etc.)
From Arabic Type Design to Artificial Intelligence, you can find a range of exciting courses that will make your semester at MSFEA worthwhile. For the full list of programs and courses visit the MSFEA mainpage
and go through its various department subpages. You can also click here
to browse courses from the full list of majors and programs at AUB.
What do I do next?
- Humanitarian Engineering
- Architecture on Mars
- Interdisciplinary Design Practice
- Artificial Intelligence Minor
- Advanced Motion Graphics
- Arabic Type Design
- Bioengineering Design Minor
- Book your one-way ticket to Beirut International Airport
- Put on your shades and join us for a relaxing day at AUB Beach
- Book your campus tour with the Visitors Bureau before starting your classes
International students at AUB come from 86 countries
Student ratio at AUB: 54.5% Female 45.5% Male
81 visiting students at AUB came from 52 universities in 10 countries
57 exchange students came from 25 universities in 10 countries
277 AUB students studied abroad at 55 universities in 20 countries
More on the Office of International Programs page